Diabetes UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtennant9

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well I've done all I can by voting. Hope we'll still be welcome on Diabetes.co.uk in the event of a Yes vote.

Reactions: 5 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
But it's ok to have them less than 30 miles from where I live - the largest city in Scotland?

Absolutely not - I don't want them anywhere.

Reactions: 2 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Whatever the outcome, I hope all the politicians from all sides sit down round a table and work out strategies and policies that are best for everyone, be they in Scotland, England, Wales or N. Ireland.

Indeed. There are some very good reasons why there is no clarity on things like currency and EU membership. The simple matter is nothing can really be determined until after negotiations FOLLOWING the actual result. Of course the UK government has said Scotland can't keep the pound - if they said anything different then that would just increase the yes vote.

An interesting point in today's Grauniad said that England is the largest democracy that DOESN'T have any significant regional government system (unlike Spain, France etc). Whichever way the vote goes there will have to be some kind of real devolution within England to get more relevant local accountability, so in that respect the whole process will have been worthwhile.

Reactions: 4 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Indeed. There are some very good reasons why there is no clarity on things like currency and EU membership. The simple matter is nothing can really be determined until after negotiations FOLLOWING the actual result. Of course the UK government has said Scotland can't keep the pound - if they said anything different then that would just increase the yes vote.

An interesting point in today's Grauniad said that England is the largest democracy that DOESN'T have any significant regional government system (unlike Spain, France etc). Whichever way the vote goes there will have to be some kind of real devolution within England to get more relevant local accountability, so in that respect the whole process will have been worthwhile.

Home Rule for Lancashire. :joyful:

C

catherinecherub

I wish Scotland the very best whatever they decide.
I wonder how many voted with their head and how many with their heart.

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
im pretty sure they woulda used a marker pen :) but who knows, they eat haggis :)

Reactions: 9 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
[stereotype]

Have the polls factored in the mental state of those who will come rolling out of the pub at 9:30 to vote in the last few minutes?

[/stereotype]

;):woot:

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
[stereotype]

Have the polls factored in the mental state of those who will come rolling out of the pub at 9:30 to vote in the last few minutes?

[/stereotype]

;):woot:

Didn't realise the voting stopped just after breakfast.
;)

Reactions: 8 people

WeeWillie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dictators who positively go out of their way to force misery, tears and fears, upon their countryman's lives.
Politicians who, in dealing with dictators, have a wishbone where a backbone should be.
Me wifey received a message on Facebook telling everyone to take a pen with them when voting.
Apparently one Polling Station has pencils hanging in the voting booths. (confirmed as genuine)

Whoever made that decision is leaving themselves wide open to criticism and suspicion.
Let's just hope there's no rigging going on as the votes are being counted over-night.

(can't be bothered with Facebook myself. lol)

willie
fdf_zps17a79e35.gif

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Me wifey received a message on Facebook telling everyone to take a pen with them when voting.
Apparently one Polling Station has pencils hanging in the voting booths. (confirmed as genuine)

Whoever made that decision is leaving themselves wide open to criticism and suspicion.
Let's just hope there's no rigging going on as the votes are being counted over-night.

(can't be bothered with Facebook myself. lol)

willie
fdf_zps17a79e35.gif

Our polling stations here always have pencils hanging on string in the booths. Why is it unusual?

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
im pretty sure they woulda used a marker pen :) but who knows, they eat haggis :)
I used to use my dictaphone a lot but now I'm a grown man I have to use my finger like everyone else .....

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The vote can be changed to easily?

More mundane I'm sure - pencils are cheaper to provide, won't make a mess if they leak and less likely to get nicked.

You're surely not suggesting that someone at the count has a secret rubber and changes the votes? :wacky:

WeeWillie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dictators who positively go out of their way to force misery, tears and fears, upon their countryman's lives.
Politicians who, in dealing with dictators, have a wishbone where a backbone should be.
Our polling stations here always have pencils hanging on string in the booths. Why is it unusual?

Bluetit1, we ourselves have never been in a voting booth containing pencils, it's always been small biro's.
A pencil "X" could so easily be interfered with.

The thing is there's so much antagonism and bullying taking place
(don't believe reports stating both sides are as guilty as each other)
and the entire process is wide open to corruption.
It is a very sad and bad situation, I'm ashamed to think England and
the rest of the world will assume all Scotts are of the same nature.

Anyway, best wishes to both sides.

God help the future of Scotland.

willie
fdf_zps17a79e35.gif

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Polls now closed, whatever the outcome just hope it's the right one for the good people of Scotland.

WeeWillie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
And the rest of the 'Untied Kingdom'.
Absolutely Pipp.

Well said, I should have mentioned that in me own post.

willie
fdf_zps17a79e35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.