Newcastle Diet advice.

Zombiedude

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I know this has probably been covered but, instead of wading through pages of debate, I just wanted to know ...
As I can't get hold of the Optifast stuff, what is a suitable alternative?

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Surely the Lighter Life shakes and soups etc or Slim n Save are similar? BUt I dont know what there carb content is.

2131tom

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I used the Tesco own brand ('Ultraslim') which are usually on offer at 3 boxes (30 sachets) for £10 and that's a lot cheaper than most brands. Mix with 50% skimmed milk and 50% water and they provide 200kcals which is what you need for the diet.

The mango flavour has lower carb but they all contain the vitamins and minerals some others lack.

You need to get a proper 'shaker', as stirring with just a spoon gives a lumpy mix.

They taste OK, BTW.

Good luck

Zombiedude

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Surely the Lighter Life shakes and soups etc or Slim n Save are similar? BUt I dont know what there carb content is.
That's what I thought too.

I used the Tesco own brand ('Ultraslim') which are usually on offer at 3 boxes (30 sachets) for £10 and that's a lot cheaper than most brands. Mix with 50% skimmed milk and 50% water and they provide 200kcals which is what you need for the diet.

The mango flavour has lower carb but they all contain the vitamins and minerals some others lack.

You need to get a proper 'shaker', as stirring with just a spoon gives a lumpy mix.

They taste OK, BTW.

Good luck
Thanks for the advice, I'll check these out. If the carbs are low enough then I'll probably go with these!

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I know this has probably been covered but, instead of wading through pages of debate, I just wanted to know ...
As I can't get hold of the Optifast stuff, what is a suitable alternative?

I had the most success with Lipotrim. 42kg total weight lost over 9 weeks then a break for 6 weeks followed by another 6 weeks on Lipotrim.
It is only available in pharmacies, and is a total food replacement product.

Reactions: 4 people