Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paulabetts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
meat selfish people slugs and snails
alliiebee your fairies are under my bed! 9.7 last night dinner was 2 nut loaf burgers and some cauliflower broccoli and carrots. went to be on a glass of milk last time I did that I was high in the morning going to test it one more time. in a few days time

Reactions: 2 people

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
hate it when you can not sleep... dark chocolate i love but have had none cept sugar free which does not taste the same

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
Yes it's the last 7, 14, 30 etc
Didn't know this facility was available, just checked mine 7 days 6.1, 14 days 6.2, 30 days 6.5
Getting there , slowly slowly catchee monkey

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Didn't know this facility was available, just checked mine 7 days 6.1, 14 days 6.2, 30 days 6.5

Don't forget these are averages of the levels you have tested, and will only be of use if you test different events in similar numbers - ie as many post meals as pre-meals/fastings etc.

RustyChacon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Noisy neighbours.
I guess I am not doing too well in comparison to many of you. Assuming I am doing this correct readings are between 6.2 & 7.1 but how do I get it lower if I try to reduce evening food intake I end up waking about 0400 hrs. Starving for food.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Got a 4.8 at bedtime so re-tested to make sure. ******, it was 5.2 so had to average! :( Still pleased though because I had some pastry for tea at 7-15

5.2 this morning :)

I have also lost another 1lb. :banghead:

Bluetit, I found stabilising my weight far harder than losing what I needed to lose. I've had to promise my OH that if I lose any more I will take positive steps to re-gain it.

Reactions: 4 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.2 for me this morning, and a headache. For some reason I had an hour or so in the night where I just lay awake. That's very unlike me, so who knows what that was all about.

I'm going to do another 24 test cycle tonight/tomorrow, starting later this afternoon, through to tomorrow. I want a bit more information on the overnight/very early morning levels, as I have a feeling they may be impacting on the headaches I have had of late. The headaches aren't splitting; more a dull, just there, ache, but I don't want them!

This afternoon, I think I must clean my car. It's filthy, but it also needs a bit of a clear out, otherwise I'd take it to the lovely chaps are the local handwash. They do a great job, and it's quick, but I need to get it straightened out a bit first.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Bluetit, I found stabilising my weight far harder than losing what I needed to lose. I've had to promise my OH that if I lose any more I will take positive steps to re-gain it.

It is very hard. The weight has dropped off me since I started in January, and I have found it easy. I've upped from 1200 to 1550 calories but now need to up that again. I'll wait for my cholesterol results next week, and if they are improving (from an already OK level) I will add some more cheese.

Good luck with your 24 hour testing.

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Don't forget these are averages of the levels you have tested, and will only be of use if you test different events in similar numbers - ie as many post meals as pre-meals/fastings etc.

You're impressively on the ball titty!

Gold star xxx

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.

Which is why some kind of spreadsheet is essential to store all the right information and enable valid conclusions to be made.

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
I guess I am not doing too well in comparison to many of you. Assuming I am doing this correct readings are between 6.2 & 7.1 but how do I get it lower if I try to reduce evening food intake I end up waking about 0400 hrs. Starving for food.
Hi Rusty, welcome.

Do you know what your pre-meal, meal +2 and bedtime readings are from the night before? When and what are you eating?

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Which is why some kind of spreadsheet is essential to store all the right information and enable valid conclusions to be made.

Exactly. I love my spread sheet, and never even look at my meter averages.

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I don't think I'm ever going on holiday again. 7.0 this morning - grrrrr - although that was partly down to eating late and eating more chilli con carne than I should have (even with a reduced bean count) so the protein impact obviously lingered. Frustrated I went out for a fast 40 minute walk before breakfast, dropping off all the fortnight's wine bottles at the recycling on the way, came back it was 7.2 - double grrrr.

There better had be something wrong with those strips ... New ones should be waiting at home tomorrow.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't think I'm ever going on holiday again. 7.0 this morning - grrrrr - although that was partly down to eating late and eating more chilli con carne than I should have (even with a reduced bean count) so the protein impact obviously lingered. Frustrated I went out for a fast 40 minute walk before breakfast, dropping off all the fortnight's wine bottles at the recycling on the way, came back it was 7.2 - double grrrr.

There better had be something wrong with those strips ... New ones should be waiting at home tomorrow.

Oh no! It has to be the strips. (or your meter). You can't be getting those results so consistently otherwise. Ditch them. By the way, when I walk I am always higher when I get back, but then drop about an hour later.

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Another probable factor is I haven't been drinking nearly enough water (stop sniggering at the back). Not sure how the meter would have gone faulty but if the new strips don't change anything I'll get a new battery and if that doesn't work will have to consider a new meter altogether.

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
Another probable factor is I haven't been drinking nearly enough water (stop sniggering at the back). Not sure how the meter would have gone faulty but if the new strips don't change anything I'll get a new battery and if that doesn't work will have to consider a new meter altogether.
OK , we will believe you, not enough water, or RED wine? Sometimes it has to be done .

Status
Not open for further replies.