Type 2 Why oh why???

mikwell

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
hey watch your foods; spicy ,acidic or course foods can cause problems and water, 4 pints a day minimum

Reactions: 2 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks a lot Bluetit1802. Still a bit high but not like Sunday. The end of September gets closer by the day :)

I'm glad you're feeling a bit better Koukla. Sunday wasn't a good day for you, but it's history now.

Are you managing to eat a bit more? A few more calories?

K

koukla

Hi AndBreathe. Unfortunately not but I am trying. I had 2 Scottish Oatcakes with peanut butter for breakfast. 2 slices of ham and a slice of vintage cheddar for lunch followed by a handful of blueberries. Dinner is going to be salad with salmon. I bet I don't hit even the 700 calories but I'm truly trying :)

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi AndBreathe. Unfortunately not but I am trying. I had 2 Scottish Oatcakes with peanut butter for breakfast. 2 slices of ham and a slice of vintage cheddar for lunch followed by a handful of blueberries. Dinner is going to be salad with salmon. I bet I don't hit even the 700 calories but I'm truly trying :)

What is it you can't or can't make yourself eat?

K

koukla

Having said that, if you put a lemon meringue in front of me.... I mean a big one, I would want to eat the lot and I certainly could. It's a bit odd.

K

koukla

Just seen the post on Facebook about artificial sweeteners. It's something to consider seriously I think because I use them. My time is coming around now and oh boy has it been hard work. Blood tests on Monday ready for consultant appointment the following Tuesday. I can not wait because I'm utterly worn out and have been the same since I last weighed you all down with my problems. Sometimes I think it's best to keep quiet, or is it? Is it okay to ask for help? My upbringing tells me it's wrong :(

K

koukla

Yes and I've put 1lb on :/ I suddenly started being hungry but I don't know why. It's a horribly confusing condition isn't it?

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh well done!

That's brilliant. :happy:

Yes, hunger is really weird. State of mind, health, etc. play such a huge part.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
How about just sprinkling some ground flaxseed over food? I do just two teaspoons a day sprinkled over my berries and yogurt, but if I forget they get sprinkled over any food as they are pretty much tasteless but so good for you. You should start off with a teaspoon a day initially and no more than a tablespoon as they are so packed with fibre that they can cause loose bowels if taken in excess. The fat in these seeds is really good for you. A teaspoon or two a day is nothing to even think about really.

K

koukla

What a stupid person I am!!! I had my bloods taken for my HbA1C this morning. Decided I needed a treat after not cheating once in any way. I went to the supermarket and bought a blueberry muffin. Before dinner I was 5.6. Had a lovely plain salad with Wild Salmon and followed it with the muffin. 2 hours later 10.5 and now 3 hours later 11.4. I'm scared once again :(

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What a stupid person I am!!! I had my bloods taken for my HbA1C this morning. Decided I needed a treat after not cheating once in any way. I went to the supermarket and bought a blueberry muffin. Before dinner I was 5.6. Had a lovely plain salad with Wild Salmon and followed it with the muffin. 2 hours later 10.5 and now 3 hours later 11.4. I'm scared once again :(
Don't worry!

In the grand scheme of things, 11 is NOT a problem, so long as you don't stay that high for ages, or go that high a lot.

And there is a good, easy way to drop your BG quickly - just do something strenuous for a few mins (run up stairs a few times, beat a carpet, head bang in front of the tv) and your muscles will use the excess glucose up very quickly.

Do that, wait 10 mins, and you will see what I mean. :)

Let us know your blood test result when you get it?

Reactions: 4 people
K

koukla

Thank you Brunneria. I'll get on the cross trainer now and see what it's like at 9.45. Consultants Secretary is calling me tomorrow afternoon with my results so I don't have to wait until I see him next Tuesday. Panicking just now.

K

koukla

Yayyyy.... 7.3!!! Now I know exactly what to do. I'm having another muffin tomorrow hahaaaa. No I'm not honest. I was bricking it but now I'm giggling. Thank you, thank you :)

Reactions: 5 people