Forxiga anyone?

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Yes I take Forxiga, metformin and 2 gliclazide in the evening .....blood tests soon so will see if levels are ok and ask if can come off the glic

Reactions: 2 people

fairiesue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes, being lonely, being so far from my family...they live in Scotland i now live in England (3yr) spiders, smokers,
Nucleusman I hope all goes well with the HB1 test, why don't you test your sugars daily? take care...smile...xxx

Claireb5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just started Forxiga today in addition to metformin. My control has been reasonable but my DN and GP are interested to see if it will help me lose weight. Fingers crossed! Good tip about the mouth spray - will keep it in mind :)

Reactions: 4 people

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
they were concerned about me losing weight when i started taking Forxiga but so far managed to not lose too much weight maybe 5 pounds taking me to 8 stone 9 pounds....i feel comfy at this so not wanting to lose anymore..:)

Ali H

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Have been on Forxiga for 6 months. The dry mouth lasted 6 weeks. Love the stuff. I am surprised Nucleus man doesn't know if it's working or not as it can cause hypos, so you should be self testing several times a day. I have been hypo several times. It is actually illegal to drive if you are on gliclazide or forxiga if you haven't done a blood sugar test within 2 hrs, just the same as if on insulin.

It is not illegal to my knowledge. For car drivers on oral meds it is not reportable to the Dvla even, only if you are taking insulin. Different for group 2 drivers, ie hgv.

Just_me

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, just joined up today! So hello everyone. I started forxiga earlier this year and it's been great for me. I managed to get my BS levels into single digits. I do take them with metformin which are meant to help my levels not drop dangerously low so the combination has been good. However metformin does make me feel nauseated for about half hour after taking. Hope forxiga works for you!

fairiesue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes, being lonely, being so far from my family...they live in Scotland i now live in England (3yr) spiders, smokers,
Hi, just joined up today! So hello everyone. I started forxiga earlier this year and it's been great for me. I managed to get my BS levels into single digits. I do take them with metformin which are meant to help my levels not drop dangerously low so the combination has been good. However metformin does make me feel nauseated for about half hour after taking. Hope forxiga works for you!
Welcome, I'm sure there others who will appreciate your positive feedback and be happy for you as I am.
I hope you continue to do well. Take care...smile...xxx

Claireb5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Has anyone experienced really itchy skin whilst taking forxiga?

fairiesue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Has anyone experienced really itchy skin whilst taking forxiga?
Hiya, no I haven't had that apart from the vagina lips. Maybe someone else may have more info. Take care...smile...xxx

luceeloo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I just started Forxiga today. It had come down to either Forxiga or Byetta, and my DN decided to go for Forxiga first. It sounds like a wonderdrug, and already I am peeing for England. I did a quick check to see if it was working by checking with a keto diastix. Never knew the Glucose colour could go that brown!! I've only ever seen it green.

Slightly worried about the UTI / thrush aspect of it. From reading, it seems inevitable that I'm going to get one or the other!

fairiesue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I just started Forxiga today. It had come down to either Forxiga or Byetta, and my DN decided to go for Forxiga first. It sounds like a wonderdrug, and already I am peeing for England. I did a quick check to see if it was working by checking with a keto diastix. Never knew the Glucose colour could go that brown!! I've only ever seen it green.

Slightly worried about the UTI / thrush aspect of it. From reading, it seems inevitable that I'm going to get one or the other!
Hiya and good to see someone else on the Forxiga as its such a great drug. Personally years ago when i was on Byetta all i did was run to the loo and sometimes had no warnings and had the runs when out so forxiga is definately a plus.
I hae had thrush and its not too ad as it seems to flare up ither last thing at night or first thing in the mornin, put up with it for a month with just cream then doc gave me the pessarie and it worked great for a week ; )
Good luck for your new meds and the weight loss will make you smile...take care...smile...xxx

neels

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'm a type 1 on this. Don't know about my weight, but my sugars are doing really well, very rarely over 9 these days and taking a lot less insulin, which is a good thing. Do feel a lot more thirstier on taking Forxiga, but also find I need to pass urine a lot more too. Thrush not a major problem on taking this tablet, just a slight increase than normal. I was put on this mainly to get my weight down..... I am hoping its doing something in that department, will find out in a few months at my next hospital appt. Unfortunately, was told these tablets cannot be a permanent solution no matter how good the result, its doing my sugar levels a world of good! :(

fairiesue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I'm a type 1 on this. Don't know about my weight, but my sugars are doing really well, very rarely over 9 these days and taking a lot less insulin, which is a good thing. Do feel a lot more thirstier on taking Forxiga, but also find I need to pass urine a lot more too. Thrush not a major problem on taking this tablet, just a slight increase than normal. I was put on this mainly to get my weight down..... I am hoping its doing something in that department, will find out in a few months at my next hospital appt. Unfortunately, was told these tablets cannot be a permanent solution no matter how good the result, its doing my sugar levels a world of good! :(
Great news your sugars are down to the nines thats where my highest readings are these days. Im sure you'll have noticed the weight reduction I have lost a lot 16.9stone-13.2 stone, from size 24 to size 14 jeans and 18/20 top because of the boobs and thats 3/4 months.
Forxiga is a great med and like all others there are side effects but personally i can put up with it as its helpin. I hope you get a good result in your use of it too. take care...smile...xxx

neels

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Great news your sugars are down to the nines thats where my highest readings are these days. Im sure you'll have noticed the weight reduction I have lost a lot 16.9stone-13.2 stone, from size 24 to size 14 jeans and 18/20 top because of the boobs and thats 3/4 months.
Forxiga is a great med and like all others there are side effects but personally i can put up with it as its helpin. I hope you get a good result in your use of it too. take care...smile...xxx

Thanks for the encouragement!
You did well with your weight! Did you do any extra exercise etc other than your normal when you took Forxiga? (and gosh, sooo want to get my boobs back to pre-pregnancy size!) I am on my 3rd box (so into my third month) with 10mg but I am not getting any visible signs of weight loss ie loose fitting clothes, getting into one smaller size clothing etc... though I think it may be fair to say that my diet doesn't include that much extra sugars, so not passing all much out of the body/in the urine...? (could be wrong though)

fairiesue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Thanks for the encouragement!
You did well with your weight! Did you do any extra exercise etc other than your normal when you took Forxiga? (and gosh, sooo want to get my boobs back to pre-pregnancy size!) I am on my 3rd box (so into my third month) with 10mg but I am not getting any visible signs of weight loss ie loose fitting clothes, getting into one smaller size clothing etc... though I think it may be fair to say that my diet doesn't include that much extra sugars, so not passing all much out of the body/in the urine...? (could be wrong though)
Your welcome, we all need somene to give us a positive smile now and then just glad to help.
Me exercise! no I did none unfortunately all i do is go for a 30 min walk 2/3 times a week on my own so thats not helping the weight loss.
I guess we all have certain amounts to lose but maybe you don't have that much to lose and it's not showing just now don't worry though if its to come off it will.
I was a complete depressant with a chocolate addiction i now only have a choccy biscuit with my tea twice a day thats all the real changes i made so no diet in my house. I hope you keep smiling and your diabetes team keep up your support. take care...smile...xxx

jennyfest

Started Forxiga this week so far so good apart from having a dry mouth at times and running to the loo even more often than usual.

I also take Metformin 1g x twice a day, Sitigliptin 1 a day, and Gliclazide 1 tablet twice a day. Have had HBA1C's between 65 - 91 continuously since 2009. Had tried Insulin Levemir/Lantus + Novo Rapide but am insulin resistant so was pumping huge amounts in with no effect so stopped this, and have tried Byetta and Victoza but had lots of side effects with them.

It's very early days but so far so good and daily sugar readings are coming down a bit, have also already lost 2lbs - Yippee

Best wishes

Jennyfest

fairiesue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Started Forxiga this week so far so good apart from having a dry mouth at times and running to the loo even more often than usual.

I also take Metformin 1g x twice a day, Sitigliptin 1 a day, and Gliclazide 1 tablet twice a day. Have had HBA1C's between 65 - 91 continuously since 2009. Had tried Insulin Levemir/Lantus + Novo Rapide but am insulin resistant so was pumping huge amounts in with no effect so stopped this, and have tried Byetta and Victoza but had lots of side effects with them.

It's very early days but so far so good and daily sugar readings are coming down a bit, have also already lost 2lbs - Yippee

Best wishes

Jennyfest
WOW you are doin great well done. Although im surprised they still give you gliclazide! thats what they stop so you can start forxiga..hhmmm curious. well thats what they said to me, guess we all have different professionals tellin us so many things.
Omg i have tried all those meds but i tell you id rather pee myself than poo myself hahahaha hey you totto laugh or youll cry.
Well lets see how you get on and be happy. Take care...smile...xxx

sunday1980

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who value money over family/friendsip
Hi I was put on this tablet today by the diabetic consultant (finally got to go to the hospital clinic!) Was supposed to be going on byetta but have to wait til after my gallstone operation. I'm always anxious before starting a new med. Little worried about this one as wee alot as it is!! And prone to uti' s. But tested my bg just before dinner and it was 12.4 eeek. Been burying my head in the sand about the diabetes, but after latest hba1c of 68 I need to buck my ideas up me thinks!!!

luceeloo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
My first few days have gone well. My morning reading has gone down from the 14's to the 9's, and throughout the day I seem to be around 7 instead of 12. So I'm pleased.
I've been weeing loads more, but drinking loads more to compensate.

I'm only on the half dose, but eager to go on to 10mg next week as planned.