BS readings

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Arrogant and ignorant people.
Well during my little stay in hospital the staff were brillaint when they learned i was diabetic they checked my sugar levels a few times.Pretty good readings too.First one was 6.0 about 10:30am yesterday after having toast with brown bread for my breakfast at 7am along with 2 cups of tea and after that was Nil by mouth except for water untill 11:30am.Next test was done before they took me in to theater at 3pm that was the same 6.0 having had no food from 7am and no water from 11:30am.Next test was done on the ward after surgery and after id had a meal of Jacket spud and beans and a diabetic yogurt for desert.That came out at another 6.0 which told me Jacket spuds and yoghurt were obviously suitable for me.Next one they did at around 10:30pm after a supper of toast and tea.That was slightly raised.But id had a cup of tea and some bourbon biscuits for the evening 8pm drinks round.This morning at around 7:30am they checked again and it ran to 9.3 obviously the much cursed Dawn Phenonomen lol.At least i have a pretty good idea that Brown bread is ok for me as is diet yoghurt and tea with sweetners and well diluted sugar free Orange squash.And Jacket spud i also got away with and the beans with it.Im pretty impressed with that little lot.Moving to brown bread was a good move.Still got a long way to go though in working out a suitable diet but ill get there.And confident that my hba1c test that im to have in 2weeks time should be a pretty good one

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
good for you.........:)..........

it will help thing being stable while you compile your database of goods and bads.......

Reactions: 2 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Glad to see you out of hospital and hopefully in fine fettle. Not bad readings either. Let's hope you can keep it up and find a diet that suits you and your blood sugars!

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You need to keep testing @johnboy412000 . It's fabulous news if you can get away with a baked spud and beans, but probably best to test that again at some point, as yesterday wasn't exactly a "normal" day, with a chunk of it fasted.

Whilst you're recovering, do you have help with your wife? I recall you are her carer.

I hope your recovery goes well.

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Glad to see you out of hospital and hopefully in fine fettle. Not bad readings either. Let's hope you can keep it up and find a diet that suits you and your blood sugars!

Yeah im fine thanks Bluetit :) Yes i can now concentrate all my efforts on the diabetes now the other thing is sorted out.Wanna loose some more weight yet.

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
You need to keep testing @johnboy412000 . It's fabulous news if you can get away with a baked spud and beans, but probably best to test that again at some point, as yesterday wasn't exactly a "normal" day, with a chunk of it fasted.

Whilst you're recovering, do you have help with your wife? I recall you are her carer.

I hope your recovery goes well.

Yeah the wife is away at respite till sunday leaving me to relax a bit now.