Room 010 (NOT like the TV prog)

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
My nan without whom I wouldn't have had much of a childhood, a "She who must be obeyed" type of nan with a will of iron, a voluminous bosom and a heart to match, and you knew you were well loved. My granddad who would take me fishing at the drop of a hat, and called me his little cream bun.

Reactions: 6 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My nan without whom I wouldn't have had much of a childhood, a "She who must be obeyed" type of nan with a will of iron, a voluminous bosom and a heart to match, and you knew you were well loved. My granddad who would take me fishing at the drop of a hat, and called me his little cream bun.

Yes, all lovely nans and granddads. I never really got to know my granddads both of whom died after suffering from health problems acquired in First World War. (One before I was born, the other when I was small). My nans, one similar to @satindoll's the other who was large, but timid. They taught me lots about living and love.
My own darling, departed Mum, who was such a lovely humble person, like her own mum, but was the most loving and generous and contented person I have ever known, and was so nurturing a nana to my children. Her influence and spirit lives on in them now, she taught them well, how to have respect and empathy for all people, and to enjoy the simple things in life.

Blessed are those of us to have know such love from grandparents to prepare us for whatever life throws at us.

Reactions: 5 people

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I think Mr Saindoll should be in here for a fortnight's rest, bless him he has just spent his holidays painting our bungalow from front to back, and I know he had other plans, but he splashed the paint around without a word of complaint except for when we ran out of gloss for the doors, never mind they can wait.

Reactions: 3 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think Mr Saindoll should be in here for a fortnight's rest, bless him he has just spent his holidays painting our bungalow from front to back, and I know he had other plans, but he splashed the paint around without a word of complaint except for when we ran out of gloss for the doors, never mind they can wait.

Oh, yes, lovely Mr Satindoll. I am just changing the numbers on my front door, it now reads '010'!

Such a lovely place for him to come for a fortnight break. Kettle always boiled, chocolate hobnobs a plenty.

Reactions: 2 people

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh, yes, lovely Mr Satindoll. I am just changing the numbers on my front door, it now reads '010'!

Such a lovely place for him to come for a fortnight break. Kettle always boiled, chocolate hobnobs a plenty.

His favourite nibble is a Wagon Wheel, you could tempt him with a few of those.

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm going to give my son a week in warm sun and hot tub, not cose he smells, but he has just forgone a trip out with a pile of friends to take his mum up the dr's for a blood test, bless him.

Reactions: 5 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm going to give my son a week in warm sun and hot tub, not cose he smells, but he has just forgone a trip out with a pile of friends to take his mum up the dr's for a blood test, bless him.
Lovely boy. Would his friends like to fetch him a beer to have in there?

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes he is, but then I'm prejudiced. probably but he doesn't drink much, usually a couple of beers at Christmas as his birthday is boxing day, and that's it.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes he is, but then I'm prejudiced. probably but he doesn't drink much, usually a couple of beers at Christmas as his birthday is boxing day, and that's it.
Well, whatever sort of pampering the dear boy wants should be provided.

C

chris lowe

I'll nominate my sons new partner, after a messy divorce and then his previous partner dumping him just before he came back from Afghanistan (and then telling him to leave the flat rather than do the decent thing and move out herself) he's now got a really lovely girl who's a breath of fresh air and she's made him really happy.

Reactions: 4 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'll nominate my sons new partner, after a messy divorce and then his previous partner dumping him just before he came back from Afghanistan (and then telling him to leave the flat rather than do the decent thing and move out herself) he's now got a really lovely girl who's a breath of fresh air and she's made him really happy.
Think your son should have some pampering in there too.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think @Pipp should have a few days here being pampered, as a reward for her generous spirit.

Oh wow! I am overcome with emotion. Thought I was never going to get invited in here. Especially as my ulterior motive for changing my house number to 010 was to con Mr Satindoll into believing he was going for a rest, but would be confronted by the paint and pasteboard hidden behind the front door.

Could really use some peace and quiet in 010. No need for pampering, just comfy bed, swimming pool, ( no hot tub, please, they always make me feel a bit queasy at the thought of all those high powered bubbles fizzing round everyone's important little places, then I am expected to relax in that very same water, eeewwww)! Well maybe a bit of reflexology and Indian head massage could be endured, but I am content with just a quiet bit of rest right now.

Reactions: 3 people

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh wow! I am overcome with emotion. Thought I was never going to get invited in here. Especially as my ulterior motive for changing my house number to 010 was to con Mr Satindoll into believing he was going for a rest, but would be confronted by the paint and pasteboard hidden behind the front door.

Could really use some peace and quiet in 010. No need for pampering, just comfy bed, swimming pool, ( no hot tub, please, they always make me feel a bit queasy at the thought of all those high powered bubbles fizzing round everyone's important little places, then I am expected to relax in that very same water, eeewwww)! Well maybe a bit of reflexology and Indian head massage could be endured, but I am content with just a quiet bit of rest right now.

You would always be welcome here, and I know what you mean about the bubbles (shudder), your every wish for massage and reflexology awaits you, anything in particular to drink coffee lots of cream?, perhaps a little jelly and berry with clotted cream? just ask and it will be provided.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi everybody,am new to dis.so pls enlighten me.thank u

Hi adanica, and welcome to the forum!

While you are welcome to hang around on this thread (the more the merrier!). You may find the more serious threads will help you with your diabetes questions.

Have a good read of as many threads as you like, and ask any questions you like.

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
My lovely nurse Nicola, for calling me with my test results as she knew I was worried about the mess up at the lab, bless her