Status
Not open for further replies.

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Brun

They were hanging up on stringy things in crisp aisle and confectionery aisle in my store.

X

alliebee

B...slice of burgen bread. Sadly this knocked me out of ketosis for the majority of the day. And a poached egg

L smoked mackeral and some brie cubes

D cooking chicken breasts with leeks and mushrooms in a cheese and philly creamy sauce with curly kale and green beans

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Brun

They were hanging up on stringy things in crisp aisle and confectionery aisle in my store.

X

Not in ours. There were 3 different brands of scratchings, and two were hanging on those display strips, but each brand had msg in them.

:mad:

The good news is that my ankles are slimming down to normal again.
See?

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 people

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Naughty asda!

Bacon, scram eggs, coffee

No lunch

Papa Johns pizza. It was lovely but I'm now in a coma....;)

Reactions: 2 people

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I know ;) It was a treat and there is still a lot left! That's the only treat I've had in three weeks and don't intend to eat any more bad stuff for a good while. I promise!

X

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast bacon medallions, poached egg, tin of mushrooms
lunch 12g cheese and two slices turkey
dinner gammon steak, meaty sausage and mushrooms and a few homemade chips- wish me luck on 2hr test.

Reactions: 4 people

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
I love pork cracking and the crispy fat on gammon but the one bag of posh scratchings I had made me feel like heaving when I opened them. They tasted marginally better but the smell dampened my appetite. Probably just as well as I need to shift weight as well as lower carbs.
It took me a while to get used to them, but now love them, but have run out also

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
B one egg one bacon
L chicken salad with mayo
D mushroom tom yum
small bit of cheesecake (it's nearly gone)

got parents round on Sunday going to try a pulled chicken and homemade slaw, if goes well will show and report on Monday, if it doesn't then I won't :)

Reactions: 3 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Day 7 diabetes miracle eating:

Egg bacon and 1 tiddly runt of a sausage
Coffeencream
No lunch :woot:
Peanut 9 bar
Chicken breast stir fried with garlic, butter, sliced runner beans and Parmesan. :wacky:
Will end the day with a tablespoon of peanut butter.

Slept badly last night (msg? or just psychosomatic msg reaction? who cares?)
But felt fine all day, great dog walk. We ping ponged him back and forth across a 100m of park, hiding behind trees and bushes. One worn out hound. :happy:

I think my appetite is dropping. Really had to dig deep to finish my buttery garlicky chicken. But I soldiered on. ;)

Reactions: 6 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Your buttery chicken reminded of a dish I used to make ages ago from a very retro seventies cookbook.
Brown chicken breast per person in butter and let cook through. When golden and cooked , add couple tablespoons of dry sherry, let the alcohol cook through then stir in small pot cream, large handful of white Cheshire, White Stilton or lancashire cheese and season well with black pepper. Delicious with green veg. That might be Nxt werk's sunday dinner. Thanks for the prompt.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That sounds amazing.

I've got some rice wine in the back of a cupboard. That would have made it perfect...

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So blood sugar 6.2 after 2hrs and some peddling which I'm claiming as a not bad for 6 chunky fat chips in their skins. Not a thing we often have but nice as a treat for both of us. Bit envious of Mr E's baked beans but can't have it all.

modesty007

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Brekkie; bullet coffee/fat coffee (300 ml coffee with 40 g coconut oil and 45 g Kerrygold)
Afternoon coffee with 1 tbsp coconut oil and 1 tbsp Jersey cream
Dinner; Home made burgers from grass-fed beef with extra butter melting on top of them and kkakdugi (fermented daikon) and some lovely taleggio as dessert.
Tomorrow my weekly weigh in day...

Marko723

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
This morning,....Absolutely starving when I arrived at work, so I ventured down to the cafe.
Two sunny side eggs, 3 strips of Bacon, and 3 pork breakfast sausages.

Lunch was company provided. Our whole department had a lunch and learn. Our Admin assistant was one of the first people at work that I informed of my diabetes, quite a few weeks back. Paid off big time. Turned out that everyone had a healther than usual lunch.

Mixed greens salads (dressing was self serve, and I skipped)
Tomato and artichoke salad (Yummy, had a small portion)
Choice of Roast Beef or baked Salmon ( I had both :D )
Skipped the mixed veggie pasta salad, but it looked very good!
Desert was a Berry mix and whipped cream. The cream tasted sweeter than I liked, I figured they sweetened it a fair bit to work with the berries. so I only ate the berries.
Sooo much better than the usual pizza or mixed wraps and sandwiches. Meter reading was 5.2 when I got home, before supper.

Tonight was a treat. Stopped at the local Italian specialty shop on the way home. 200g of good pepperoni, and 200g of Genoa Salami. Small container of the good pizza sauce. Placed slices of the meat down on a platter, small dab of pizza sauce, topped with a high quality cheese and it's ready to go. Low carb mini pizza's that you can just pop in your mouth.

I have enough supplies left to make again tomorrow. Going to add some bacon and maybe some sliced black olives this next time, perhaps a bit of sliced shallot....

Going to have a small glass of Merlot and watch a bit of TV... :)

Reactions: 7 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm jealous!

Any jobs going at your place?

I think the last time we had any food provided for us was a cardboard sausage roll buffet in 1902.

Marko723

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm jealous!

Any jobs going at your place?

I think the last time we had any food provided for us was a cardboard sausage roll buffet in 1902.

I've worked at few places over the years, and I have to say that this is by far the best. This summer was my 5 year anniversary, and unless something drastically changes, I can see spending the rest of my working career here, and Yes, we are looking for qualified professionals in our Canadian offices. I don't think that our UK / Ireland operations are at the moment.

MsVelvet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This is my first post here;
B ham, cheese omelette
L 1 avocado and balsamic dressing
S 1 black coffee and cream
D 3 sausages with a very small about of tomato sauce

Going out to dinner tonight, first time since diagnosed and googled the menu and have already decided on the fillet mignon with mashed sweet potatoe, spinach and mushrooms.....yum!

Diagnosed at 17.9 about two weeks on metaformin for a week and a half and am still trying to get balanced, so numbers are still high between 6.2 and 8.6, but will get there.

Marko723

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
This is my first post here;

Going out to dinner tonight, first time since diagnosed and googled the menu and have already decided on the fillet mignon with mashed sweet potatoe, spinach and mushrooms.....yum!

Welcome! Glad to have you here! :)

My personal preference would be to dump the sweet potato and double up on the spinach and mushrooms.

If you ever get the chance try making the following at home.

Per person take 125ml butter, and add in 2 cloves of Garlic finely minced or through a press, add to the butter. Either carefully in the microwave, or as I like to do it , serving for 6 (the rest keeps well) in a pan, medium low heat, saute for about 10 mins (till garlic is cooked), and add a little salt if you like. Absolutely the BEST dipping for any type of steak or cut of beef. I hooked my wife on this.

On the menu for myself tomorrow for breakfast is scrambled eggs with shrimp! Absolute heaven!

Last edited by a moderator:

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bit of a naughty day fruit wise, and not enough water ....
Brunch: 2 victoria plums, a fresh fig, and a small bowl of thick cream & Philadelphia mixed with vanilla and a few drops of stevia. Herb tea.
Dinner: prawn,coriander and courgette curry, with cucumber and youghurt, a few pieces of fresh orange and a poppadum; raspberries with more cream & Philly mix. More herb tea.
Supper: bowl of ground & slivered almonds:wacky:, and big mug of cocoa with hazelnut milk.
Snacks: 2 pieces of Lindt 80% choccie.

We had a big thunderstorm today, which gave me a migraine, and with them I sometimes need/want more sugary stuff than I should have. At one point years ago I used to get such really bad cravings that I would sit and eat spoonfuls of sugar out of the sugar bowl, which I actually found rather disgusting, but satisfied whatever needed to be satisfied in my body to help it deal with the migraine. Yuk!! :wideyed:

My overall glucose levels were up because I was feeling bad, but my fruity day didn't give me any bigger than normal spikes at all.

Robbity

Status
Not open for further replies.