Room 101 (like the TV prog)

julifriend

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Clarify please @julifriend.
Who was it told you to go and collect the packet? Supplier or courier? Or should we just send both to the holding area for the MILs to give them a stern talking to?

@Pipp It was the Homehealth customer services who asked me to go and collect the delivery from where Hermes had incorrectly left it. I asked for the parcel to be delivered to the office where I work but they left it at a house further down the road. I'm in the office from 9 to 5 but the occupants could easily be at work at the times I could've popped round. I don't live local to the office so I couldn't have gone round in the evening either. Hence I wasn't prepared to offer to try and collect my test strips and asked Homehealth to sort it out. As I said, it wasn't my fault the parcel was left somewhere else so why should I be put out trying to resolve the issue.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Pipp It was the Homehealth customer services who asked me to go and collect the delivery from where Hermes had incorrectly left it. I asked for the parcel to be delivered to the office where I work but they left it at a house further down the road. I'm in the office from 9 to 5 but the occupants could easily be at work at the times I could've popped round. I don't live local to the office so I couldn't have gone round in the evening either. Hence I wasn't prepared to offer to try and collect my test strips and asked Homehealth to sort it out. As I said, it wasn't my fault the parcel was left somewhere else so why should I be put out trying to resolve the issue.

I wholeheartedly agree with you @julifriend. There needs to be a special section of 101 for people and companies offering such abysmal customer service.

Pollylocks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not many.
.....I'm nominating a customer I spoke to on the phone at work the other day....he said he didn't want to wait in a queue for the call centre and I was to put him straight through.....well the way he said it put my back up straightaway so I said unfortunately I couldn't jump the queue for him...he said 'you're just a nazi ***** from hell' ....I said 'I'm sorry, not sure if I heard that right' [!] so he said yes you did and repeated it. Couldn't believe it!!!

Dammit he's going into room 101, I'll kick him in myself!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRR

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 people

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
.....I'm nominating a customer I spoke to on the phone at work the other day....he said he didn't want to wait in a queue for the call centre and I was to put him straight through.....well the way he said it put my back up straightaway so I said unfortunately I couldn't jump the queue for him...he said 'you're just a nazi ***** from hell' ....I said 'I'm sorry, not sure if I heard that right' [!] so he said yes you did and repeated it. Couldn't believe it!!!

Holding the door open for you, steel toe capped boot already on foot, Woosh !!!!!!!!, nasty piece of work, good riddance,

My friend when she worked in a call centre and got a call like that used to say "All calls are recorded and your name and number have been logged I shall be reporting you for an abusive phone call, have a nice day" then hang up, as she said they didn't pay her enough to be spoken to like that.

Reactions: 5 people

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I really want to push in incompetent lab assistants, who make a mistake doing your A1c test, giving you a result of 49 instead of 40 then keeping quiet about it,until another person has a problem and only then fessing up, could have been fatal for a t1.

Reactions: 4 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Too right @Pollylocks. And all of the decent call centre staff should be able to watch him squirm. Cowardly bully.

Reactions: 2 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I really want to push in incompetent lab assistants, who make a mistake doing your A1c test, giving you a result of 49 instead of 40 then keeping quiet about it,until another person has a problem and only then fessing up, could have been fatal for a t1.

What? This happened to you? Ok, if the mistake was made, then the person admitted it asap, but, really? Kept quiet? How long?

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Yup, I had the test done on 16th July was told on 18th July the numbers were 49, so by my reckoning that's at least 7 weeks allowing for the retest done last Wednesday.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If it were me I would be hopping mad, but I guess the consolation is that BG is much better than you thought.

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Spitting feathers more like, but yes they are, they were 41 in January, so heading in the right direction.
But It was a whole run of who knows how many samples, so if mine was up by 9 just think of how that would affect a t1. This is one of those times I'm glad I'm t2

MrsB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'd be pretty cross too. Especially if I'd been expecting better. Sorry for being dense but.. Why so bad if it was a T1 instead of a T2? What am I missing?

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I'd be pretty cross too. Especially if I'd been expecting better. Sorry for being dense but.. Why so bad if it was a T1 instead of a T2? What am I missing?

Dr said it was something to do with their double insulin regime, or I could have got it wrong, to be honest I was so mad I had steam coming out of my ears and maybe didn't hear right, he said they only fessed up because a t1 had reported problems. anyway it was a nasty thing to do.

MrsB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dr said it was something to do with their double insulin regime, or I could have got it wrong, to be honest I was so mad I had steam coming out of my ears and maybe didn't hear right, he said they only fessed up because a t1 had reported problems. anyway it was a nasty thing to do.

Ah ok. Had me panicked for a minute there. Mind u, if mine came back at 49 Id be dancing for joy lol

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Ah ok. Had me panicked for a minute there. Mind u, if mine came back at 49 Id be dancing for joy lol

You will get there, its taken me ages to get to 40 and hopefully next time it will be 39, well even if not I'll be pleased if it stays at 40

MrsB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
40 is impressive. I'm at 65 as T1 at the moment but it's slowly getting there. Was Hoping for 50 next time (tho I think the horrendous levels when I broke my ankle will have actually put it right back up to 85 again :( )

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
40 is impressive. I'm at 65 as T1 at the moment but it's slowly getting there. Was Hoping for 50 next time (tho I think the horrendous levels when I broke my ankle will have actually put it right back up to 85 again :( )

Oh I hope not, mine used to yoyo it was so annoying, but at least you do have a valid excuse with your broken ankle.

C

chris lowe

I'm sticking in Mr Chris' mate. I always know it's him becuase the phone display says witheld. Sooooo...... phone rings, number witheld, me "hello" him "is that Mrs Lowe" (he's always playing stupid games with silly voices) me" Nahhh" him "have I got the wrong number" me "yup, anyway wassup" him "such a rude f*****g c***" and hangs up!!!!!!!! I'm spitting feathers at the mo. Now left wondering if I was meant to hear or if he thought he's hung up in time. I did look into blocking witheld number calls but the down side is that some authorities such as police, ambulance, council can't get through if numbers are blocked so at the moment I'm still wondering if it's worth doing. He's def off my christmas card list. (and he hasn't called back yet so I'm guessing he's realised I heard)

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm sticking in Mr Chris' mate. I always know it's him becuase the phone display says witheld. Sooooo...... phone rings, number witheld, me "hello" him "is that Mrs Lowe" (he's always playing stupid games with silly voices) me" Nahhh" him "have I got the wrong number" me "yup, anyway wassup" him "such a rude f*****g c***" and hangs up!!!!!!!! I'm spitting feathers at the mo. Now left wondering if I was meant to hear or if he thought he's hung up in time. I did look into blocking witheld number calls but the down side is that some authorities such as police, ambulance, council can't get through if numbers are blocked so at the moment I'm still wondering if it's worth doing. He's def off my christmas card list. (and he hasn't called back yet so I'm guessing he's realised I heard)

What a revolting individual! He is in. I think Mr Chris might need a bit of a warning with the MILs too, as they could have a word about the sort of company he keeps. Sorry if that is interfering, but I am a MIL myself. Fairly new to it, so need more training before being a fully qualified lecturing one.

Reactions: 3 people

Pollylocks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not many.

......what a creep, he definitely deserves to be thrown in room 101, I'll help you!

C

chris lowe

Thanks for the support Pollylocks and Pipp. He does have a bit of previous for upsetting the apple cart. Last year he had a row with one of the guitarists at an open mic because he played over R's harmonica bit (he can be a bit of a diva) and subsequently won't go to that pub, and he's fallen out with his neighbours opposite (who by coincidence used to live a few doors up from us) who are a lovely elderly couple, and fallen out with a friend who used to come and pick him up from the pub. Now I have to decide if I'm going to be the bigger person and ignore it (it's open mic next Weds at our local) or confront him. He's only going to deny it anyway so I may just be very cool with him and see if he bites.