Not open for further replies.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've worked at few places over the years, and I have to say that this is by far the best. This summer was my 5 year anniversary, and unless something drastically changes, I can see spending the rest of my working career here, and Yes, we are looking for qualified professionals in our Canadian offices. I don't think that our UK / Ireland operations are at the moment.

Drat. Bit of a long way to go for a decent meal.

Oh well... Back to my packed lunches. ;)

MsVelvet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Welcome! Glad to have you here! :)

My personal preference would be to dump the sweet potato and double up on the spinach and mushrooms.

If you ever get the chance try making the following at home.

Per person take 125ml butter, and add in 2 cloves of Garlic finely minced or through a press, add to the butter. Either carefully in the microwave, or as I like to do it , serving for 6 (the rest keeps well) in a pan, medium low heat, saute for about 10 mins (till garlic is cooked), and add a little salt if you like. Absolutely the BEST dipping for any type of steak or cut of beef. I hooked my wife on this.

On the menu for myself tomorrow for breakfast is scrambled eggs with shrimp! Absolute heaven!
Dinner was delicious, but I only tasted the sweet potato mash, stuck with the mushrooms, spinach and steak...so full :)

Reactions: 4 people

modesty007

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Brekkie; bullet coffee/fat coffee (300 ml coffee with 40 g coconut oil and 45 g Kerrygold)
Afternoon coffee with 1 tbsp coconut oil and 1 tbsp Jersey cream
Dinner; Home made burgers from grass-fed beef with extra butter melting on top of them and kkakdugi (fermented daikon) and some lovely taleggio as dessert.
Tomorrow my weekly weigh in day...
It's paying off...tada 1 kilo that's a little more than 2 lbs, happy bunny :)and will continue with this regime and no no don't miss anything and no cravings other than the occasionally smoked almond and even half a small bag once or twice a week doesn't effect my weight loss.

Reactions: 6 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It's paying off...tada 1 kilo that's a little more than 2 lbs, happy bunny :)and will continue with this regime and no no don't miss anything and no cravings other than the occasionally smoked almond and even half a small bag once or twice a week doesn't effect my weight loss.

Nice one!

How much have you lost so far?

Reactions: 2 people

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
tuna, beef tomato, boiled egg

modesty007

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Nice one!

How much have you lost so far?
Thanks!
Don't know my highest weight - refused stepping on a scale then (an was bigger then when I started lchf) but from when I started LCHF about 2 years ago it's 18 kg, a couple of more lbs it will be 3 stones and i'm aiming for another stone, might take a little longer.

alliebee

B...sliced avocado and few leaves dressed
L 2dark rye ryveta and ham and philly. Ryvita 5g each
Dinner is going to be spag bol. But mine served on ribbon sliced cabbage buttered. Still well in ketosis

modesty007

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Treating myself with some duck-breasts and a lovely sauce made with butter, a splash of red wine and the juices from the duck, might add a small salad for some colour.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Day 8 diabetes miracle eating:

Coffeencream
Tinned salmon with Helmans and green salad
Peanut 9bar after dog walk
Sliced pork steak, stir fried with broccoli and green beans, jerk seasoning and grated cheddar
May have berries and cream later

Bit disappointed in my reading before breakfast (7.4!). Haven't been that high in weeks! Slept a bit weirdly. Maybe too much cheese? Nope. Impossible. Maybe it was too little...?

Rest of today's readings lovely and low.

Reactions: 5 people

Loobles

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who interrupt you when you're talking and people who won't listen.
Breakfast - 2 eggs and cheese
Snack - apple and 3 walnuts
Lunch - 2 egg omelette with spinach, mushrooms and sausage. Ate about 2/3 cos sausage too salty.
Dinner - 1 slice toast and 1 babybel

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
Breakfast toasted Bergen bread with butter, cup of tea 2 hrs after BG 6.3

Lunch 1 small slice Sukrin cake , cup of tea 2 hrs after 5.6

Dinner cod fillet hollandaise sauce, peas, broccoli , another slice of buttered Bergen bread , 2 hrs after 7.3

Don't know why I insisted on having the 2nd slice of bread but couldn't waster the sauce.

Alanp35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cricket, golf
Breaks my heart that burgen raises me by approx 3 or4 mml....
Same here alliebee, but I persist with 2 slices a couple of times a week and my A1c was 44 when tested earlier this week down from 117 Oct 13 and 62 in April 14. All is not lost, all we need to is perhaps be "extra careful" at those many other times.

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
B 2 egg omelette with 2 bacon cubed and small piece of grated cheese

L small bowl of Som Tam but a hefty chilli kick

D a lovely sirloin steak from waitrose with a big hunk of fat on it, 2 flat mushrooms & peas
few berries & lidl Greek yoghurt (I couldn't find any full fat only low fat, tbh my first venture into Lidl, so is this the right stuff that you all seem to have ?) I'm sure I've asked this before :)
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1411241904.482215.jpg

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
I am persevering with the Bergen, 1 slice per day is OK for me, should know better than 2 but sometimes you have to,
I blame the sauce lol

alliebee

Thanks Alan. I will try again next week with just one slice. With butter and see if that is easier...but as you say now and again as maybe a treat. Its strange but I can eat fried white bread a half a slice with no spike at all. Maybe it is the fat

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Try a fried egg on top with lashings of butter.

:wacky:

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Brunneria - I have found a new slow cooker recipe involving ham hocks, which I'm going to try in the next couple of days. If it's any good, I'll let you know, so that you can try it when you finish your pulled pork. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.