hi everyone

fairy-twisha

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Diet only
i am a grandma and a fulltime carer for my disabled grandson who 14 and they think he has got diabetes and we are awaiting his test results.My hubby is also being tested as well at the moment at his first test was a reading of 54 he has however had another blood test today and will get the results on tuesday. i am a very worried person at the moment mainly because of all there other medical conditions and i am not sure how they will all interact with each other .:angelic:

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh dear they are really having a tough time. Have you been tested too? You are in the right place for help and advice. This is a very friendly website with some very knowledgeable people. Take care :)

this is too difficult two

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi fairy. 54 is not too bad for a Type 2 which your husband is probably at his age. Diet may be enough to correct it.
Your grandson would probably be Type one if he was diagnosed positive. I am T2, someone who knows more about T1 may be along to advise you.

fairy-twisha

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Diet only
thankyou for your kind replys i have not been tested but i do know i was classed as prediabetic when i was in my 30s so i really should be tested too.

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Welcome to the right place furry.
Will you be bringing your husband along too?

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi and welcome. What a tough time you are having. If your grandson is positive, there is a section on the forums for parents of type 1 children that you may find useful. As has been said, your husband may be able to control his diabetes well with a suitable diet and minimal or no medication as 54 isn't drastic. (I was 53 on diagnosis and medication was never mentioned). As for yourself, please get tested. If you are diabetic you will be put on the care pathway for regular testing, reviews, eye screening, foot checking and so on. With your grandson to care for you need to be as healthy as you can be.

Let us know how you go on and keep posting. Good luck.

Reactions: 4 people

fairy-twisha

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Diet only
thankyou everyone for the advice and warm welcome i am going to get test as i know i need to take better care of myself so in turn i can care for my 2 grandsons.

Reactions: 5 people