Flu Vaccinations 'soon'

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Who refused you last year......Tesco or your doctor's?

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
i had one last year and got a terrible cold soon after lol so now im scared to have it but probly will, i only ever had flu once and dont want it again, i honestly was contemplating death, it always cracks me up when someone says they have flu, if they really had it they wouldnt be standing there saying it

Reactions: 2 people

Farmpa78

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I'm off to get mine for the first time at the end of this month, never had the flu in the past but as now entitled to it seems to be a good idea to have it.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Well I was the first patient in our Practice to be able to view my medical records this morning..... (I was the test patient for this) all our patients now have access. The records show quite clearly my refusals.. And last years yes... Which I think made me so ill for 5 months which awful colds and chest infections.

However on my records it does actually show when I just did not refuse and didn't tell gp as another data message.

Interesting stuff being able to view records.

nikkid

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have it every year. Only time I have had any problems was a couple of years ago when they were also offering the swine flu jab also....these made me pretty ill for a couple of days after but since I haven't had any problems. I think the mild symptoms of the jab are much preferable to full blown flu!

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The conservative party, people who are cruel to animals and aggressive people
I will be getting mine on the 8th Oct. I've always had them since diagnosed will no ill effect. It didn't stop me betting the noro virus year before last but if it staves off one infection I think it's worth it.

munday1932

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
cold weather.People who criticize my town but don't help to make it better.Please can I go back to me user name which is Kentish maid
i.m booked for the 6th oct I have it every year so far no reactions.

madperson

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Fish-ugh & rudeness
I'm off at the end of the month, I once got flue from the cat- I've never felt so rough it even roughed up my kidneys! so I'm there in the que

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Carer's are also offered a free flu jab too
As who can care for persons or loved relatives
If the carer themselves gets the flu :eek:

Reactions: 5 people

iainf1

Went to see the GP on Tuesday for something else, asked when they were starting to do them, and got it there and then. Completely painless and no after effects. Just have another week to go before full immunity takes effect.

Reactions: 4 people

Zoe king

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Flu Vaccinations are available soon from various GP surgeries/clinics .
I have mine each year and wonder which viral strain or severity
of it they have predicted for this coming winter ?

I must add since having my yearly flu vaccine .
I have been very lucky in managing to remain and be flu 'free' :D

Yep - will be getting mine done again .
I usually get it done the end of sept .[/QUOTE
I always get the flu jab (I have asthma) and I've never yet had any problems with it. But then, I'd never had flu anyway, so I don't really know what benefit I've ever had from it, if any. Never gives me any problems though I know it makes some people utterly miserable to the point they may as well have had flu!
Who refused you last year......Tesco or your doctor's?
I've not had one for about 5yrs now first time they put the bird flu strain in it I had my jab and by the evening I was rushed to casualty on a blue light couldn't feel my arms or legs and had difficulty breathing no one will touch me now not that I want to go through that again.

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Booked in for mine now.
I checked on the pneumonia jab as well, apparently I had mine will the flu jab the year I was diagnosed.

Zoe king

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Booked in for mine now.
I checked on the pneumonia jab as well, apparently I had mine will the flu jab the year I was diagnosed.
Hi Douglas I think a lot of us "at risk" folk had the pneumonia jab with the flu jab some years back,my mum had her jab this morning and now it's got 3covering versions of the bird flu in the flu jab all seemed to be American strains,I will just have to keep my fingers crossed.

logindetails

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Neuropathy :-(
Had mine on Tuesday morning and it was painless. It maybe coincidental but I was fighting high blood sugars all of Wednesday and Thursday - back to normal now (Friday) though.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Had mine on Tuesday morning and it was painless. It maybe coincidental but I was fighting high blood sugars all of Wednesday and Thursday - back to normal now (Friday) though.

Some people do report that their bg is higher the following 24-48 hours after the jab, at least it's back to normal today :)

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think there are 2 types of flu, Man Flu and Real Flu.
Many years ago like @noblehead I experienced Real Flu which knocked me for six. That was good enough reason for me to have the yearly Flu jab.

Reactions: 5 people

MarkE

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Woo
Had a bad enough time this year as it is, ruddy Bronchitis August and was off work two weeks (and then think I went back too quick...)- so I'll surely take the jab and try to avoid catching owt for the winter months. Tricky, mind, as I work in an open plan air conditioned office with a LOT of young mums. Hiho.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I'm at flu clinic tomorrow giving out Patient satisfaction surveys to Patients when yhey come out of their 4 min appt.... Feel like I'm a con artist when I refuse to have one!! As do the health professionals at my GP practice.. They don't have them either!!