Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loobles

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who interrupt you when you're talking and people who won't listen.
5.4...it's coming down yay! I'm getting more 5's than 6's recently so I'm really pleased. Now I've hit 10% weight loss, I've found my blood pressure and blood glucose have made a sudden improvement. Couldn't be happier :)

Reactions: 13 people

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
6.1 and have a mega sore throat and a blocked up nose arghhhh

Paulabetts

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
meat selfish people slugs and snails
8.5 got the fairies in but it is getting lower

Reactions: 7 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My go-to 4.1 this morning, so all good.

I've done my analysis on my latest batch of 24 hour testing. I was a little concerned because I was beginning to see some slight elevations in my late afternoon and early evening numbers. The rises are not material in the grand scheme of things, but when consistent need investigation, in my view. My feeling was that sugar free squashes were causing the spikes. It sounded counter-intuitive, bearing in mind I was drinking SF squash whilst in the heat, but when I really thought about it, it was much weaker (just to mask the poor tasting local bottled water). I have also been drinking Tesco own brand, as opposed to always Robinson's when away. Having stopped the squash (only for a couple of days, to be fair), the numbers immediately moderated. I'll give it a few days, then truly replicate that period of the day, also replicating the diet of the day, but only taking out the squash. I'll probably do one further 24 cycle, before my OH comes back at the end of next month, as it's not a bedmate friendly activity.

Play nicely playmates.

Reactions: 6 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
I had my new strips waiting for me when I got home last night, so I did comparison tests on three occasions, pre-dinner, +2 and fasting this morning. These used the latest 'dodgy' tub and a few from a previous tub in the same batch, as well as the new ones. I used the same finger for each test to minimise variation. The average difference (dodgy ones higher) was 0.4 mmol/l, with a maximum of 0.8. So I feel comfortable in adjusting all the values downwards by 0.4 over the 2 month period I've had these strips. It certainly makes the graphs look more sensible, and there is still a slight 'up' over the last couple of weeks on holiday. The 0.4 is similar to that determined by @AndBreathe .

So this means I have a new record preprandial of 4.3 and a new record fasting of 4.8.

This morning with the new strips I was 5.3.

None of this really means anything of course until my next HbA1c on 6 October, but it now makes more sense.

Over the holiday I put on 0.2 kg which is fine (I'm not so nerdy as to take my weighing scales on holiday!). I'm now sitting in the lounge at Heathrow waiting for the flight to Australia, so I won't be testing any more until I get there - I know what I should and shouldn't be eating and the jet lag will send my BGs haywire anyway.

Reactions: 7 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@sanguine That is excellent news Rod. You must be very relieved that you haven't been trending upwards. Well done on your new 4.3 and 4.8.

Have a safe journey.

Reactions: 3 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I had my new strips waiting for me when I got home last night, so I did comparison tests on three occasions, pre-dinner, +2 and fasting this morning. These used the latest 'dodgy' tub and a few from a previous tub in the same batch, as well as the new ones. I used the same finger for each test to minimise variation. The average difference (dodgy ones higher) was 0.4 mmol/l, with a maximum of 0.8. So I feel comfortable in adjusting all the values downwards by 0.4 over the 2 month period I've had these strips. It certainly makes the graphs look more sensible, and there is still a slight 'up' over the last couple of weeks on holiday. The 0.4 is similar to that determined by @AndBreathe .

So this means I have a new record preprandial of 4.3 and a new record fasting of 4.8.

This morning with the new strips I was 5.3.

None of this really means anything of course until my next HbA1c on 6 October, but it now makes more sense.

Over the holiday I put on 0.2 kg which is fine (I'm not so nerdy as to take my weighing scales on holiday!). I'm now sitting in the lounge at Heathrow waiting for the flight to Australia, so I won't be testing any more until I get there - I know what I should and shouldn't be eating and the jet lag will send my BGs haywire anyway.
Safe journey down under rod!!

Reactions: 4 people

Silver Hammer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.0 this morning. I have been within 0.2 of this all week, so very consistent. I have just started my last pot of the high reading codefree strips, so if I can just get through these I should see a miraculous improvement in a few weeks!

Maxwell

Reactions: 3 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.3 for me - stayed in 5's again all day yesterday and by bed was 4.7. Wish I could take my breakfast back to bed........but off to work for me now : (

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Full of cold , hurts to clear my throat and had a real bad night however my sugar levels this am is 6.9 ..so thankfull for small mercy's I just hope i can walk and keep the levels down sighs

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
5.7 only pre break, disturbed sleeping pattern actually woke up and pottered at 4.15am & tested 7.45am

Good news is Sunday is weigh in day 12st 5, another 5lbs this week gone, hopefully forever, now only 5lbs
Away from my initial goal.

Reactions: 6 people

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.9 after going to bed on 6.3.

I hope I've seen the back of the 8's and have no idea what caused them. A week today I shall be away for 2 weeks on new-grandma-to-be duties and hopefully walking with a pram - or an overdue daughter to get things moving!

Reactions: 9 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 only pre break, disturbed sleeping pattern actually woke up and pottered at 4.15am & tested 7.45am

Good news is Sunday is weigh in day 12st 5, another 5lbs this week gone, hopefully forever, now only 5lbs
Away from my initial goal.

John - If that's the current rate of your weight loss now, you really do have to address your maintenance regime almost immediately, or you will find it quite tricky, in my view. It took me weeks and weeks to find some sort of balance. If you're like me, you will have got used to eating both differently and a bit less, so upping something felt a bit uncomfortable at first. Some people just find their weightloss stalls all by itself, but if you have lost 5lb in a week, I doubt you're close to that point.

Have you thought about how you're going to tackle it?

Status
Not open for further replies.