Who are they?

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I think I have got it but cannot find her pic.
images

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Still can't find photo, Willies clue in her picture was close (very clever if your Scottish ) I think :)
I am home sick now
images
If I am wrong thinking who it is I will feel such a Plonker:(

zolabud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Whelks,winkles... All crustaceous seafood except prawns. Can't do crab.lobster or scallops.
Don't like the way they are killed and cooked. Save our Scallops. SOS !!!
Also HATE evaporated milk.
It is Carol King,

zolabud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Whelks,winkles... All crustaceous seafood except prawns. Can't do crab.lobster or scallops.

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done Zola.
The reason I am a Plonker was Wee Willies clue "aimed at my corner" My thought was something Scottish, So I jumped at "Glen Close"
I did get a bit close.
images
Now I know why I could not find the picture.
images

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Got the clue at last , it might as well rain until September. Thanks to Zola knowing the person

Last edited by a moderator:

WeeWillie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dictators who positively go out of their way to force misery, tears and fears, upon their countryman's lives.
Politicians who, in dealing with dictators, have a wishbone where a backbone should be.
Well done Zola.
The reason I am a Plonker was Wee Willies clue "aimed at my corner" My thought was something Scottish, So I jumped at "Glen Close"
I did get a bit close.
images
Now I know why I could not find the picture.
images

Nah, that's Andy Murray's mother, izzzi. :playful:

:)
willie
fdf_zps17a79e35.gif

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Nah, that's Andy Murray's mother, izzzi. :playful:

:)
willie
fdf_zps17a79e35.gif

images

I was on top of the world for a good few hours yesterday thinking how clever I was, until Zola revealed Carol King.
Still it was just as good coming back down to earth to this great game.

Reactions: 2 people

zolabud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I knew her on sight as I recently watched a reunion with her and James Taylor on TV. I am a huge fan....

As usual I can't see the link with the background and clue....

zolabud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Wilie.you're 1st clue was a stonker. Thanks to Izzzi I now know what you meant.

But the background clue,the train station... What was the significance there then ??

zolabud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Wow Izzzi, I think you could be right.

I am surprised I get any right with clues like that....

zolabud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I watched a very interesting documentary about Carole King before she went solo. Her and a few others, Neil Sedaka being one used to churn out song after song all day long and most of those songs are remembered today. I will see if I can find a link for you....

zolabud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
During the sixties, with King writing the music and Goffin the lyrics, they wrote a string of classic songs for a variety of artists,.[29] For part of this period King and Goffin were the songwriting team behind Don Kirshner's Dimension Records, which produced songs including "Chains" (later covered by the Beatles), "The Loco-Motion" for their babysitter Little Eva and "It Might As Well Rain Until September" which King recorded herself—her first (and only Sixties) hit.[30] Other songs of this period include : "Half Way To Paradise" [Tony Orlando, covered by Billy Fury in U.K.], "Take Good Care of My Baby" for Bobby Vee; "Up on the Roof" for the Drifters; "I'm into Something Good" for Earl-Jean (later covered by Herman's Hermits); "Pleasant Valley Sunday" for the Monkees (inspired by their move to suburban West Orange, New Jersey);[31] and "(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman" for Aretha Franklin.

zolabud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Indulge me.

My favourite Carole King song....

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
This is one of the reasons I love this thread, You learn to much while searching etc;
Mind you sometimes you accidentally come across things that are rather naughty and quickly delete them.
images

Last edited by a moderator:

WeeWillie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dictators who positively go out of their way to force misery, tears and fears, upon their countryman's lives.
Politicians who, in dealing with dictators, have a wishbone where a backbone should be.
atr_zps9f50e166.png

Carol King :(

aet.jpg

tex.jpg

But you won't guess the next one :joyful:

1e4f9d41.gif
izzzi

izzzi-3.jpg

In the mid 60's, in my early 20's, I lived in Oxford city. I'd been out somewhere, can't remember where,
but the single decker bus stopped for a short while outside a small town City Hall. The doors were
open and "It Might As Well Rain Until September" could be clearly heard. I felt like getting off the bus
and going into what was obviously a disco, but I was on the last bus home.

Somehow Carol's song has stuck with me all these years, it was just one of the night's when all was
well with the world, single, free spirit, and all that flower power stuff (lol)
........ I've loved that song ever since.

Aaaaaaw, lol.:hilarious:

willie
fdf_zps17a79e35.gif

WeeWillie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Wilie.you're 1st clue was a stonker. Thanks to Izzzi I now know what you meant.

But the background clue,the train station... What was the significance there then ??

Visualize this, if you will, zola.... it's "September", she's waiting with a lump in her throat, a tear of joy and happiness in
her eye, heart pounding, clammy hands, baited breath, shivering with anticipation and excitement, Ralph Lauren Notorious
perfume slowly wafting from her beautiful slim body as she patiently waited for the man, with whom she is deeply in love
with, alighted from the train, came towards her and lifted her up in his strong muscular arms, pressing her body against
his powerful heaving chest, giving her the most sensuous kiss she'd been patiently longing for all summer.

Can you visualize that moment zola? can you?
Have you been there yourself and know exactly her feelings? Have you?

Well it didn't happen, the background is there to confuse and put you off the scent. lol.

willie
fdf_zps17a79e35.gif

WeeWillie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
This is one of the reasons I love this thread, You learn to much while searching etc;
Mind you sometimes you accidentally come across things that are rather naughty and quickly delete them.
images

LOL

willie
fdf_zps17a79e35.gif