Recommend a movie/TV Show!

Zombiedude

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am a big movie fan and love nothing more than getting to the cinema (a rarity now as a parent) or watching Netflix.
I love a good movie and wondered what recommendations others had?
I like most genres and will give most movies a go.

I would recommend The Crow.
It's an oldie but a goodie.
Very sad but awesome if you like a revenge movie where the bad guys get their comeuppance.
Also, very sad story behind the comic books creation and behind the movies making.

What movies would you recommend/are your faves?

uncle

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I saw Pride last week, it was a good British made film based on the true story of Lesbian and Gays support the miners, during the miners strike 1984.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Anything with Tom Hanks in is usually very good, Saving Private Ryan and Road to Perdition are two of my favourites.

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
Anything with Tom Hanks in is usually very good, Saving Private Ryan and Road to Perdition are two of my favourites.

have you seen captain phillips if thats the correct name? where hes kidnapped on the ship. brilliant film

Reactions: 2 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
have you seen captain phillips if thats the correct name? where hes kidnapped on the ship. brilliant film

Not as yet, but by all accounts it's an excellent film.

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
i like soo many films, too many to mention, i see your a doctor who fan ZombieDude, my daughter is nuts about doctor who, saturday night is the only time in the week i know she still lives in our house lol

Lesleywo

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My addiction to carbs
Sixth Sense is a good one .... as is Death at a Funeral... Others I like might be a bit girly for you!

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
Sixth Sense is a good one .... as is Death at a Funeral... Others I like might be a bit girly for you!

it seems im the only person in the world that was surprised by the ending of sixth sense

Zombiedude

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
i like soo many films, too many to mention, i see your a doctor who fan ZombieDude, my daughter is nuts about doctor who, saturday night is the only time in the week i know she still lives in our house lol
I looooooooooove Doctor Who ... have done since I was a young boy who!
I was never afraid of Daleks as I had stairs in my house, although Cybermen terrified me.
Although Daleks can fly now so NO ONE IS SAFE!!

I love Tom Hanks.
Saw Castaway for the first time earlier this year. WOW! Amazing.
My favourites of his are probably The Money Pit, Castaway, Philadelphia, BIG and Saving Private Ryan. Although I love most of his stuff.

Watched Death at a funeral the other week on Netflix! I loved it. Good silly fun!

Lesleywo

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My addiction to carbs
I know you're asking about movies but Mr T got some dvds for Fathers Day of the series 'Orange is the New Black' .. really good!

Zombiedude

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yeah, my wife and I love that!
When they released season 2 on Netflix we watched the whole series in two days!!

Also, changed title to include TV Shows!

Lesleywo

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My addiction to carbs
Yeah, my wife and I love that!
When they released season 2 on Netflix we watched the whole series in two days!!

Also, changed title to include TV Shows!
Yeah that's what we do, it kind of gets addictive, doesn't it? :)

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
I am a big movie fan and love nothing more than getting to the cinema (a rarity now as a parent) or watching Netflix.
I love a good movie and wondered what recommendations others had?
I like most genres and will give most movies a go.

I would recommend The Crow.
It's an oldie but a goodie.
Very sad but awesome if you like a revenge movie where the bad guys get their comeuppance.
Also, very sad story behind the comic books creation and behind the movies making.

What movies would you recommend/are your faves?
What are you like with subtitles? There's quite a bit of Scandi noir on Netflix. I would recommend any of the Wallander films (films made for TV but acting is superb and Krister Henriksson is, in my option, the best Wallander ever! None of the ropey Keneth Branagh stuff) or you could look up Arne Dahl. Anything with Rolf Lassgård is very good and there are 2 films which are called the hunters and the hunters 2 in Swedish but can't remember the English titles. You'll find them under his name but make sure that you watch them in order by using the date! Or it spoils the end of the other one! Enjoy!

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
i was like that with "24" and "prison break" once i started i couldnt put it down oh and "band of brothers" too

Lesleywo

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My addiction to carbs
The boys in our house like Game of Thrones and Breaking Bad .... if you like a laugh, have you watched the 'Worst Week of my Life' series? Very funny.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I love Tom Hanks.
Saw Castaway for the first time earlier this year. WOW! Amazing.
My favourites of his are probably The Money Pit, Castaway, Philadelphia, BIG and Saving Private Ryan. Although I love most of his stuff.

Wasn't too keen on Philadelphia, Saving Private Ryan was Hank's finest moment, a very powerful film.

uncle

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If you like a weirdly film, Japanese movie Audition, it starts very slow but builds up to complete madness

Zombiedude

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What are you like with subtitles? There's quite a bit of Scandi noir on Netflix. I would recommend any of the Wallander films (films made for TV but acting is superb and Krister Henriksson is, in my option, the best Wallander ever! None of the ropey Keneth Branagh stuff) or you could look up Arne Dahl. Anything with Rolf Lassgård is very good and there are 2 films which are called the hunters and the hunters 2 in Swedish but can't remember the English titles. You'll find them under his name but make sure that you watch them in order by using the date! Or it spoils the end of the other one! Enjoy!

I'll have to check them out. I haven't watched much in the way of subtitled movies, but I did enjoy City of God and that was subbed all the way!

The boys in our house like Game of Thrones and Breaking Bad .... if you like a laugh, have you watched the 'Worst Week of my Life' series? Very funny.
Breaking Bad was AWESOME! Game of Thrones - Just started season 3.
I am also a massive The Walking Dead fan. I love anything zombie related!

If you like a weirdly film, Japanese movie Audition, it starts very slow but builds up to complete madness
May have to check that out!

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My faves include:
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
Leon
Zoolander