Another 1lb bites the dust!

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
You're doing so well. I've really stalled. I didn't put on weight on holiday and I've felt so down with this ear infection stuff since then that I've just concentrated on my BS and ignored the dieting bit!
But you've lost 2 stone 10 lbs! It's lovely to hear from you and better to maintain than put on. Also convinced that high bs prevents you from losing and your bs will be higher if you've got an ear infection. I have lost mine a lot slower than some people. Check out the latest success story on diet doc. It took her a couple of years and at least if it goes at a slower rate you won't have lose skin!

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Well done that lady! :cool: Don't turn sideways, we won't be able to find you.
I wish! Still look preggers from the side lol! At least I don't need to buy my clothes fro millets anymore!

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
And another one! Yay! Only 9lbs to go before I am merely overweight and not obese! Then I'll think about the other 2 stone! :D
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1412407453.340124.jpg

Reactions: 4 people

Janiept

Expert
That's so good Scand well done. Have you noticed that as you are getting slimmer each pound shows more? It's so satisfying isn't it! :happy:

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
And another one! Yay! Right that's me off to change my signature! 7lbs to go! Then I'm merely overweight! Now lost 3 stone 8lbs! Woo, woo!

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Brilliant Scandi well done! Keep going! :)

Reactions: 2 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Make that 3 stone 10lbs! 4lbs to go before the 4 stone mark!
Was looking for a happy song to post up so went on you tube as chorus line was in head from sister sledges song I'm so excited but then I actually listened to the song and watched the rather raunchy video with some member of sister sledge frolicking in a bubble bath! Mr scandi was falling apart with laughter and has just asked me what I'm trying to post. I thought of arrows feeling hot hot hot but decided that this was possibly worse (apart from its obvious crime against music lol!):D

Reactions: 14 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Congratulations,it's so nice to hear your doing so well

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Ok so it's taken me since October 22nd to lose 4lbs! But I've done it! The 5 week plateau was annoying but hey ho! I have now lost 4 stone and am no longer obese! Yay!!!!!!

Reactions: 7 people

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ok so it's taken me since October 22nd to lose 4lbs! But I've done it! The 5 week plateau was annoying but hey ho! I have now lost 4 stone and am no longer obese! Yay!!!!!!
5 weeks is nothing, I lost 10kg is 5 months :) then 3 kg in 7mths. that's less than a pound a month :( I think my satiated is close to gluttony :)

Nuthead

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Progress has slowed down now and down to losing a 1lb a week. Bit frustrating but a loss is a loss! Now lost 2 stone 3lbs! Had hoped to have lost more as have diabetes education course next Tuesday. Spoke to the dn who disapproves of my LCHF diet. Even when I explained that bread, rice and pasta spike me and send me into double figures for 2 hours! Not sure about the logic behind this !
I'm pleased for you. A loss is a loss.
smiley-face-cheer.gif
I'm also confused. Your dn KNOWS about spikes ?.

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I'm pleased for you. A loss is a loss.
View attachment 9319
I'm also confused. Your dn KNOWS about spikes ?.
My DNS actually refuses to see me. My diabetic review was not done by the DNS who is a parent at the school where I teach. Despite my results, she is convinced that the only way is carb which defies all medical logic. I can only conclude that she is thick. :D

Reactions: 6 people

Nuthead

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
My DNS actually refuses to see me. My diabetic review was not done by the DNS who is a parent at the school where I teach. Despite my results, she is convinced that the only way is carb which defies all medical logic. I can only conclude that she is thick. :D
smiley-think004.gif
can't stop laughing

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Love the emoticon.
She does not believe in testing. :banghead:Apparently people don't understand the results or become obsessive. :rolleyes:
When I explained to her that carb gets converted into sugar in the gut and is then released into blood making bs higher she looked at me like I was an idiot. When I then asked her why she was giving me meds to bring bs down but recommending that I eat something which pushes bs up and asked for the scientific rationale she said she wouldn't see me anymore as there was no point. My then 8 year old overheard me telling Mr scandi. Her response
"But mummy that doesn't make sense! Is she thick?"
Out of the mouths of babes........

Reactions: 2 people