really in need of some help!!

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
So, sign up for your gp practice as an online patient. Just go to reception and ask to be an online patient and they will give you a form to take away.

Online bookings are brilliant as so few people actually use them.. Less than 11% at our gp are registered.

They list all the gp's, all the available bookings etc... We too have one gp that is always in demand. You can get to see this gp within 5 days if you book on line.

If you haven't had good control for 2 tears etc, if you didn't want to go online, why can't you just wait for the good gp? You haven't been too anxious before? However, I would really recommend you register online for you and your family.... You'll get better appointment availability guaranteed and you can book your appts at midnight if you wanted to go online and do them rather than having to talk to receptionists in set opening hours.

Try lowering carbs again. Even taking small steps towards this will be beneficial...

is that all surgeries? that sounds terrific, ill have to do that, thank you

i really should read the whole thread before replying lol ill ask if mine does it

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
My surgery have only just introduced this, and we are pretty rural.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
GP's that are signed up to certain targets and ways of being paid have to introduce certain online things for their Patients by certain dates...
This means appointments online, prescriptions online and medical records..
This online capability has actually been available for 10 years apparently according to one practice manager I spoke to today.
Our gp practice gave access to online medical records today. I was the patient that they tested it with. It only gives details of medicines that are on repeat scripts, allergies and current medications that have been prescribed.. (Mine go back to when I joined practice in 2012), and also any injections such as refusing flu jabs, tetanus etc.
By joining PPG's you can ask the Practice's to listen to their Patients and make this available.
My practice Manager today literally pressed two buttons on his keyboard and it was done!!

Reactions: 2 people

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
GP's that are signed up to certain targets and ways of being paid have to introduce certain online things for their Patients by certain dates...
This means appointments online, prescriptions online and medical records..
This online capability has actually been available for 10 years apparently according to one practice manager I spoke to today.
Our gp practice gave access to online medical records today. I was the patient that they tested it with. It only gives details of medicines that are on repeat scripts, allergies and current medications that have been prescribed.. (Mine go back to when I joined practice in 2012), and also any injections such as refusing flu jabs, tetanus etc.
By joining PPG's you can ask the Practice's to listen to their Patients and make this available.
My practice Manager today literally pressed two buttons on his keyboard and it was done!!

cool, can you get passed blood test results?

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
With our practice I had to go through a setup process before I could access things online.
Had to go in, register in person, then they generated a letter with my password on it.

I can renew prescriptions, and cancel appts, but I need to check if I can make them in the first place... Thanks @donnellysdogs that's good info.

And welcome to @abaddoncultist and @Connie cutie !

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Our Practice uses Patient Access. We are given a code number and can then register on-line. At the moment all we can do is make/cancel appointments and renew prescriptions. I believe that access to medical records is still on trial in certain areas, but is on some sort of roll out system. We haven't got it yet.

C

chris lowe

Is there another surgery in your area? It may be that a change of practice is in order. As for the dietician, she/he will probably sprout out the same old eat carbs with every meal mantra which most of us on this forum will know just doesn't work. Check the labels on the food you buy or get yourself a carb counter (a couple of quid on Amazon) to check the carbs the low carb/high fat section of the website had a lot of info. Good luck

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Our Practice uses Patient Access. We are given a code number and can then register on-line. At the moment all we can do is make/cancel appointments and renew prescriptions. I believe that access to medical records is still on trial in certain areas, but is on some sort of roll out system. We haven't got it yet.

Medical records aren't much to look at to be honest. Allergys, jabs such as flu and medications.

If the GPs use Patient Access and EMIS system the buttons are there for them to turn access on if they wanted to!! Pretty pathetic that they don't.

Its not on trial, its just when they want to switch it on for the GP's above. Its not like conversations are actually visible. NHS England are giving a latest date when they should be visible to Patients. Good idea to lobby your PPG if your practice has one.
Gp's can either select all patients to view or selected patients.. Ours pressed the button for all parients. It was done in less than 2 minutes....

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
With our practice I had to go through a setup process before I could access things online.
Had to go in, register in person, then they generated a letter with my password on it.

I can renew prescriptions, and cancel appts, but I need to check if I can make them in the first place... Thanks @donnellysdogs that's good info.

And welcome to @abaddoncultist and @Connie cutie !

Brunneria
Do you click on something within your gp website or log in to Patient Access?
If your GP uses the Patient Access system the post above applies to your system too. Unfortunately GP's do not all use the same system!

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Brunneria
Do you click on something within your gp website or log in to Patient Access?
If your GP uses the Patient Access system the post above applies to your system too. Unfortunately GP's do not all use the same system!

I will check tomorrow and get back to you...

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
i looked at my clinic and it said this, maybe they are updating huh

Online Bookings

This service is no longer available due to a clinical system change. Emis online booking will be available soon.

Alanp35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cricket, golf
My GP has just transferred to this new system. Apparently it offers many new facilities such as DNA tracking etc.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
i looked at my clinic and it said this, maybe they are updating huh

Online Bookings

This service is no longer available due to a clinical system change. Emis online booking will be available soon.
Emis is the one that Patient Access system uses so you should get everything....

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
cool thankyou :)

At least they are capable of giving you full access... If they want to.as said previousNHS England and DES etc are wanting all patients to have access but have given set dates when they have to do this by....

Contact PPG's (if surgeries have one) and contacting surgery by website and asking them for access and when they are going to grant it, is a way to get your GP's to act faster....PPG details should also be on their websites.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
My GP has just transferred to this new system. Apparently it offers many new facilities such as DNA tracking etc.

Not DNA tracking unless your GP is having something hugely different. DNA tracking is not an essential that NHS England are insisting upon, so very unlikely. I can check this out with our Practice Manager, but it certainly has never been mentioned.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
FYI:

Already, the majority of GP practices offer appointment booking and ordering of repeat prescription online. During the next six months, under the Patient Online initiative, practices will increasingly expand online services to patients’ GP records and by April 2015, all practices must offer all these services, including access to information in patients’ GP records.

Ruth B

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Looks like there might be a few closet gamers here, between me and husband the only 40K armies we don't have are orcs and chaos, and on some we even double up. I won't start to go into all the other games and makes we have. We really need a bigger house to store them all in.

Smitten73

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Insulin
Looks like there might be a few closet gamers here, between me and husband the only 40K armies we don't have are orcs and chaos, and on some we even double up. I won't start to go into all the other games and makes we have. We really need a bigger house to store them all in.

Tell me about it! Theres not a square inch of storage left in our house! Haha