What was your Hba1c result while pregnant?

Mrsass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Just wondering what people's range was when pregnant obviously I know the lower the better n what numbers your bg needs to but but just wondered what your a1c was, my first result since I started planning was 51 which I got last week and that's the lowest I've had it in a LONG time so really pleased with myself :)

Reactions: 2 people

Serenede

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi,

In my first pregnancy it ranged from 5.3-6. Second pregnancy it's been 5.7 since a couple of months before getting pregnant until now at 8 weeks. Well done for getting yours so low your doing really well. There's no better incentive than pregnancy!

JessP

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi, mine was 6.4 pre-pregnancy (I still do old system I'm afraid), 5.4 in 1st trimester and at 17 weeks 5.6... Am hoping I can keep it around that for the rest!
Well done on getting yours down!
Jess

jade88

Hi Mrsass,
Im not pregnant yet but my docs at pre conception said they would ideally like my hbac1 to be 6.5 before I start trying but said they would give me the green light if it was anything under 7! xxx

Pitsgate

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hello! For the months before conception mine was about 6.7.
Once pregnant (just after Xmas time...) it was about 7.2 or a touch lower for the first trimester, and then from 2nd trimester onwards it gradually dropped from 6.8 to 6.0.
Know mine were higher at times than what a lot of others manage and I stressed a lot about it especially in the beginning but the endo team were fine with them. To me it felt the preconception numbers were really the ones they were most vigilant about. Good luck!
X
(Baby entered world totally healthy and definitely not macrosomic so we had no diabetes related complications with those numbers)

Reactions: 6 people

DutchgirlT2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People who "try" to help you with your diabetes and don't know anything about it but still give you "advice".
Hi,

During the months before conception mine was 6,5 (48). I've got the green light when it was under 7 (53)
Now i'm 4 weeks pregnant and it has dropped to 5,4 (36) In the hospital they are very pleased with the values because the lower they are,
the saver it will be for the baby. But 51 is also a good value and congratulations with getting your HbA1c so low.
Remember that with most diabetics your BG's will drop in the first trimester and therefore you will get a lower HbA1c.
Wish you lots of luck for the time being :)

Greetings Annemarie

kitty55

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Spiders
Well done on getting your HbA1c so low. Mine has been sitting at 6 for a while already (I think almost all year). I'm not pregnant yet though.:)

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey. :)

pre conception mine was. 6.7 %
Beginning of trying for a baby 6.5%
first trimester. 6.0%

:):):)

Miss_Sally

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes in July 2013 (though now doctors think that I am in honeymoon phase of Type 1) with Hba1c of 9.8% (84). Got this down to 4.9% (30) by October 2013 and found out I was pregnant. This rose to 5.1% (32) and hit 5.3% (34) with 6 weeks to go. Had it checked 12 weeks after the birth and it had returned to 5.1% (32).