Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
I've never had a carbless meal! :eek: So what happens if you have a lot of fat with your carbs? I may peak at 1 hour, but it tends to stay much the same at 2 hours rather than increase or drop. For example, the other day I had a tinned salmon, 6 cherry toms, cheese, mayo, and a slice of my usual bread and butter. I was 6.2 at 1hr. 6.2 at 2hrs and 6.2 at 2.5 hrs then 5.4 at 3hrs.

sure you have, everyone has

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
Last night I just had a wild salmon filet fried in butter. Didn't feel like making any veg as I wasn't all that hungry. Didn't bother to check the blood glucose after as it seemed pointless. I should clarify that if I don't eat carbs in a meal, the blood glucose will go up, but nothing worth using a strip to test. :hungry:

Reactions: 3 people

Paul59

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That is some useful info there ppl.
How long after you wake does your Bs drop to normal, does anyone know. Talking about the liver boost here.

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
I did an experiment early on with the meter and it took from 6 am to 2 pm with no food to drop from 6.6 to 4.6 mmol/L. I measured a few times over that time period and it was a fairly steady decline. But I only this once and it's probably different for everyone. :hungover:

Paul59

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I did an experiment early on with the meter and it took from 6 am to 2 pm with no food to drop from 6.6 to 4.6 mmol/L. I measured a few times over that time period and it was a fairly steady decline. But I only this once and it's probably different for everyone. :hungover:
Right, so it's not something that drop within an hour then, so having breakfast could put you over if munched soon after waking.

Reactions: 2 people

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other

I could run up and down stairs for 4 or 5 minutes and see that drop.

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
That was the day before I went LCHF. Now my BG never gets as high as 6.6. :woot:

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
Even on waking as it did on yr test.
I just checked my morning BG data and, interestingly, it never went that high again. That was 7 June this year. I guess the LCHF diet is doing the trick.:bored:

Paul59

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I just checked my morning BG data and, interestingly, it never went that high again. That was 7 June this year. I guess the LCHF diet is doing the trick.:bored:
That's great news, LCHF is the way to go then.

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
Seems to work for me, along with metformin, exercise and weight loss. My next A1C at the beginning of November will confirm it. :coldfeet:

Reactions: 2 people

Paul59

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Seems the food industry may have it wrong with cutting fat in food, eg low fat this & that, it should be the carbs they're cutting as this would benefit a wider range of customers, those that are looking to lose weight & make it easier for diabetics, adding both weight loss if needed & Bg lvl. They still need to keep the saturated fats though.

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
It's not the food industry so much as the government. The government recommends a high carb low fat diet, so the food industry obliged by making low fat processed food with lots of carbs. :spitoutdummy:

Paul59

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It's not the food industry so much as the government. The government recommends a high carb low fat diet, so the food industry obliged by making low fat processed food with lots of carbs. :spitoutdummy:
Yes cause it's the government that dictate it, maybe that's why the wrong thing is being done, cause they have now idea about life. That's unless they have shares in suger. Lmao.

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
its not ignorance, you can bet your ass if there is any type 2 diabetics in the government, they low crb

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
In the US sugar and corn (and hence high fructose corn syrup) production are highly subsidized by the government. This is due to industry lobbying efforts. :blackeye:

Paul59

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Maybe the government should read this forum & learn something that would benefit the whole population.