Sporty Forty.e t

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I did another ten minutes on bike than got trapped on phone. I've a "friend" who rings just to offload her woes on me for hours. I've just come off phone and had to have 4 sq of dark chocolate to calm my nerves.

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
I did another ten minutes on bike than got trapped on phone. I've a "friend" who rings just to offload her woes on me for hours. I've just come off phone and had to have 4 sq of dark chocolate to calm my nerves.

Oh I have a friend like that ..I usually go for a bath with the light off and the hall light on to calm my nerves lol

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh I have a friend like that ..I usually go for a bath with the light off and the hall light on to calm my nerves lol

Better idea than my extra chocolate. I usually have 2sqs and cup of decaff at night and mr e had just brought it up when she rang, so my ritual spoiled. She used to ring nearly every day but thankfully now it's only every couple of weeks, though it feels closer.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

That friend sounds lie an 'energy vampire'. You need some garlic and wooden stakes.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Or you could just not answer the phone.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Or you could just not answer the phone.

I didn't. Mr ethyl did and couldn't think of a suitable excuse. I was out last time so he had to listen to her for half an hour. Energy Vamoire is great description.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I didn't. Mr ethyl did and couldn't think of a suitable excuse. I was out last time so he had to listen to her for half an hour. Energy Vamoire is great description.
Yes, known a few of them! Drain every last bit of energy from you. Cut them out of my life before it was too late.

Reactions: 2 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, known a few of them! Drain every last bit of energy from you. Cut them out of my life before it was too late.

I no longer ring her or meet up. I tend to just hold phone under chin and mutter few mms and aha at what I hope are appropriate moments.

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
And today's 50 minute walk was here ...

P1030596small.JPG

Reactions: 3 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Don't go in the water. ( hums theme tune to Jaws under breath )

No worry there, but this is the river in Perth rather than the sea which is 20km further west. I don't think the snappy things come into fresh/brackish water! Not that I am going to test that hypothesis :D

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bullsharks apparently swim in the Swan river, if that's what that one is.!!!

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Aquafit 45 mins then 20 min swim.

Nice afternoon nap 50 mins.

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Bullsharks apparently swim in the Swan river, if that's what that one is.!!!

Yes it is the Swan, and I didn't know that :eek:. As far up as Perth City?

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Apparently they have been found as far up as the Maylands yacht club which is about 5km from Perth City. Close enough for me to need a bigger boat.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Skiving today. Had a really bad night with fibromyalgia pain and not feeling great today. Off to London tomorrow for few days so bit of walking will have to do if my legs stop feeling like I am wading in treacle.

Pollylocks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not many.
....just over an hour and a half's walk as had the afternoon off work and want to be out while the weather's still good....son showed me an app he has called My Tracks where you can record your walk, run, cycle, whatever, it works out calories used, length of outing, speed, loads of stuff....have downloaded but looks slightly technical [:oops:] so will have a good look before I try it out...

@cold ethyl hope you feel better for the trip to London, love going there as often as I can..

aqualung

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have been meaning to post for ages and at last have got round to it...

I am still walking the dog every day and have just started a job as dinner lady so I think that is more than enough exercise :) I didn't realise how strenuous it would be!

Following on from my other thread I am back on track with my eating although I have discovered aldi 85% chocolate with orange mousse - reminds me of Jaffa cake without the cakes bit.

We have just spent the week end in the caravan near Amble. We had a great time and went to Amble and Warkworth. Thanks for recommending the scarf shop Jamrox, it is fab and soo many scarves. I bought a couple for presents and one for myself.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Skiving today. Had a really bad night with fibromyalgia pain and not feeling great today. Off to London tomorrow for few days so bit of walking will have to do if my legs stop feeling like I am wading in treacle.

Hope you get a good sleep tonight and are well enough to enjoy your time in London.

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Apparently they have been found as far up as the Maylands yacht club which is about 5km from Perth City. Close enough for me to need a bigger boat.

That will be a relief to the WA Rowing Club here in Perth, although I'm sure they know all that!

Jet lag kicked in today, but did 90 minutes walk 'upstream' and back after the afternoon meetings. Weather not great though, cloudy and about 15C. Last Saturday it was 35C apparently.