Please help, I lost my son

Lesleywo

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My addiction to carbs
Sincere condolences to you and your family on the loss of your beautiful son .... every parent's nightmare to lose a child. God bless xxx

Dillinger

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Celery.
I'm very sorry for your loss; it must be the most awful thing for a parent. Thank you for posting; it helps put our problems into perspective. I wish I had something I could say that would be of use to you but I feel words cannot compare to your situation.

All the best

Dillinger

Yorksman

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I nearly lost my son a couple of years ago and it was only by the Grace of God that he survives. I am still haunted by the experience so I have some idea of what you are going through. You have my deepest deepest sympathies. I wanted to sign the petition but it is apparantly closed now. I hope you are successful.

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hello Karen

I am so so sorry to hear of your sad loss my thoughts and prayers are with you. I cannot even begin to imagine the loss of a child and the pain you must be going through. I will sign your petition of course that goes without saying. You are an amazing mum and am sure your son is so proud of you. God Bless Julie XXX

dogmom17

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dear Karen,
I am so sorry for the loss of your son. Two months ago I went to check my daughters blood sugar at 2:00am and she was unconscious with a low blood sugar of 21 (US numbers). Thank God I checked her and we were able to get her back with glucagon and the paramedics. Every night now I still check her and think what if I had not have done it that night. She has insulin resistance and had been having a lot of problems for about a month. She was doing better and before she went to bed that night she said 'Mom, you don't need to check me, I'm fine tonight'. What if I had listened to her! It is so scary being a parent of a child with this disease.

Barrie Smith

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
NHS and Prof Tony Weetman .
Hello, my name is karen,
On the 14 june this year I received a phone call saying my son had died, i was horrified, the outcome of the inquest, although it isn't until the end of the month, the coroner has confirmed natural causes due to his diabetes. Dead in bed syndrome, i didnt even know what it was,I am trying hard to get signatures, the petition is at change.org "stop 'dead in bed syndrome' for Ashley, because he mattered". I also have a fund going on fundrzr.com, Ashley's headstone fund. I have had a response from baroness young at diabetes uk and I am still working on getting a device to help this, maybe something that can administer glucagon. I have had a lot of people say, "it's rare", but all you parents, can you imagine if it was one of yours? It doesn't matter how rare it is then, I've already lost my angel, I don't have to do anything, it's not going to benefit me or my family anymore is it?, but I wouldn't want any parent ever to get a phone call saying, "I'm so sorry, I don't know what's gone wrong, Ashley's died!". Words that will haunt me forever. He only turned 19 in march and died in June. I had my local paper, the lynn news publish a beautiful article about Ash, this syndrome and my causes. When Ash was diagnosed, 2 months before he was 13, we didn't have the Internet, we were told very little and basically get on with it, please, everybody, anybody, sign, re post, do what you can, not for me but for a beautiful 19 yr old kid that loved life and was a bundle of fun and smiles and for any parent off a diabetic young person. Thank you xxx

http://www.lynnnews.co.uk/news/local/la ... -1-5461574
Hello my name is Barrie Smith , 77 yrs was diagnosed type1 in 1960 and had 20yrs trouble free Diabetes .
However I was forced to change from Animal to Synthetic Insulin in 1980 was ill within a month and by Autumn the insulin Coma`s
started and continued through to 2006 by then I had reached the grand total of 229 was refused a 2nd opinion and had a 20 minute
stand up row with the GP , had to pay for 2nd opinion .
The Diagnosis ! I had suffered Poly Glandular Auto-Immune Damage to 5 Glands ( now 6) , the reason for the Coma`s was
damage to the Digestive part of my Pancreas (increasing inability to convert carbohydrates to Sugar ) Pancreatic Insufficiency .
I guess my reason for survival was the Consultant who diagnosed me in 1960 set me on a Low Carb Low Insulin regime , his theory
was any replacement Insulin was going to be foreign to your system , less means less complications .
Through out all of this I have had a running battle with the NHS even to this day who are totally in denial protecting Novo Nordisk the patent holders for Synthetic Insulin and their Front Man Prof Weetman .
The magazine editor for a Self Help Group did a search under Freedom of Information which found 1200 patients who died not one had an Autopsy , reason for death -: Diabetic Complications ( convenient ) .
By rights I was destined to be with your son , but it has been a painful arduous expensive journey , Commercial Interest comes before lives and patient safety .

Kindest Regards Barrie