Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

peacetrain

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Cheddar in case you were wondering, and down to 4.7 now.

Maxwell
Lol

I like all cheese! At the moment I stick to either feta or mozzarella, sometimes camembert. Love nuts too and I've got a taste for Meridian almond butter. Yum!!

Reactions: 2 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Got to Perth about 2.00 am local time last night. 6.2 at bedtime and 5.3 just now so not bad after the travel, albeit with reasonable regular meals.

Reactions: 6 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Woke up on 5.5 after another day of 5's and even 4.2, 4.6 -went to bed on 4.9! Crazy how we are happy with 5's then after seeing 4's want them instead? (Well, that's how I am!!) Last day of my 6 in a row at work, I can just about see my day off!!

Reactions: 7 people

Paulabetts

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
meat selfish people slugs and snails
9. fasting very restless night seems to trend that way sunday nights

Reactions: 4 people

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
7.8 had a terrible day yesterday as full of cold ...had no supper as levels high got up this am to 7.8 sighsssss

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
14.2. Losing the will to live :( went bed at 8.2

Alliebee - For give me for not trawling way back, but what sort of scores were you seeing before your meandering to the carb-tastic side of life?

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 at bedtime
6.0 this morning …… I think that might mean I suffered a Liver Dump?
To be fair it was after wheeling around preparing 1.5kg of RAW dog food for the day
That dog eats more meat in a day than I do in a fortnight :eek:

Whilst it's probable your liver had a part in your 6.0 this morning, I wouldn't be too concerned. 0.4 difference isn't horrendous, unless it's on the way down from something much higher, and neither of us can know that at present. What are your trends doing?

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.1 - not surprised as couldn't get to sleep and ended up taking painkillers - just woke up half an hour ago and still feel rough. I hate fibromyalgia.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.0 for me this morning, so bang in the middle of my personal range. To be honest, it was a bit of a surprise. I thought I might be nearer my upper range as last night's dinner was slightly above my usual figures at 4.9. I know that's still very low, but we're talking personal ranges here. Anyway, in this instance I was proven wrong. On a food related note, my dinner was a new recipe I was trying and it was a bit odd. I have two portions left, so I have at least one more go with it before I decide if it's a repeater or not.

This afternoon, I have my diabetic podiatry check. I'm not expecting any issues, and that then ticks my last box in the list of checks we should have as diabetics. It's only taken 11 months, but of course, much of that time I wasn't available. I did have a private podiatry check when diagnosed, just for my peace of mind, and that was fine.

Other than that, I have some paperwork to clear and I need to re-shuffle the office a bit, as we're having new network storage, so that we butch up our storage/backups and streaming facilities, whether we're here or elsewhere. Like so many others, we have become pretty dependent on technology and therefore really to have to ensure we retain the integrity of it. Of course, there will be frustrated words, so best done before my OH comes home in a few weeks. The new hardware should arrive by the end of the week, so if I disappear I will have had a catastrophic accident tackling the spaghetti-like cable tangle behind the office cabinetry!

Reactions: 3 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @AndBreathe ;)
I don't really know what I'm trending. I don't know of any software that could show me that.
I think I'm gradually getting lower readings in the am. I'm getting 4.8 to 5.2 sometimes in the am now, whereas a few months ago this was 5.3 to 5.8. So I see an improvement there.
I'm generally getting less peaks after meals, which are not as high. I'm managing to keep below the 7.8 mostly, at 1 hr, and below 6.5 at two hours, returning to 5.5 or below after 3 hrs and before the next meal.
My meter average is going down from 7.0 initially to 6.4 now.

Just to butt in on this, have you got a spread sheet of some sort on your device? Personally I use Excel on my PC. You can then record all your readings in separate columns, one for each "event" such as fasting, before lunch, 2 hrs after etc etc. Then you can average each column and will be able to see the trends.

Reactions: 3 people
Status
Not open for further replies.