review of 'Slim Pasta' brand by ''Eat Water'. Did it have any effect on your sugar levels?

CarlaBoo1821

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Its a brand of pasta that Holland and Barrettes sell and other health chains.

it clams to be suitable for diabetics

The ingredients say; Water, Juroat(Konjac flour and special oat fibre), E526, E171

I pasted the nutritional information below

Each(100g)serving contains:
Energy 21kcal
Protein 1.9g
Carbohydrate 0.2g
of which sugars 0g
Fat 0.4g
Fibre 4.4g
Glucomannan 3.06g

I was wondering if anyone who has tried it could give me their opinion on it? and if it had any effect on your blood sugar levels

Thanks

Attachments

• HB007568_R_H200W000.gif
    HB007568_R_H200W000.gif
    12.7 KB · Views: 945

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I have, its zero ish carb anyway. You have to get all the water out, rinse it in a sieve pop it in a bowl in the micro, zap for 30 seconds, repeat about 2 or 3 times. I had it with some cheese melted in it, but I can look up the recipe if you wish. It was actually not too bad.

CarlaBoo1821

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have, its zero ish carb anyway. You have to get all the water out, rinse it in a sieve pop it in a bowl in the micro, zap for 30 seconds, repeat about 2 or 3 times. I had it with some cheese melted in it, but I can look up the recipe if you wish. It was actually not too bad.

if you wouldst mind looking for the recipe for me that would be great. so this doesn't effect blood sugar at all? meaning i can eat it often unlike regular pasta?

B

badcat

I use tKonjac ( shiritaki) noodles quite often in stir fries or add to soups - they are good for adding bulk and fibre without raising Bs. You do need to rinse them well to remove all the liquid they are packed with

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
If you're in Holland & Barrett, go for the brand with "As featured on Dragons Den" on the front, they taste better than the brand you've show above.

Reactions: 2 people

janewatt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The texture isn't too bad and is a fair (but expensive) substitute for real pasta.
Use with any sauce you might normally eat with pasta - with maybe a few extra herbs/spices/cheese as it's amazingly bland! But carb-wise excellent.
Jane.

mistyweather

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I experimented with this stuff for the first time today. Dry fried some prawns, threw in the well rinsed and semi dried slim pasta penne, then topped up with half can of ratatouille. Not bad at all after the first couple of spoonfuls because I was actually expecting something like real pasta.
The faint fishy smell when first opened quickly dispelled when rinsed as they say. Sort of looked a bit like sliced up squid!!!

mistyweather

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Forgot to say, you can get 5 for £8.50 on ebay, inc postage. Much better than going to H & B and paying £2.49 each

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Love this stuff.

I dump it into a sieve and leave it under the running tap for a few minutes (to rinse).

Then, instead of microwaving it I pour a kettle of boiling water over it. Then tip into whatever I am eating, stir and serve.

I love it with:
Grated cheese, chopped ham and a dob of cream
Bacon and Parmesan
Chopped sun dried tomatoes
A tin of chopped tomatoes, garlic, courgette,
Pesto
Tipped into stew, curry or soup
Any pasta sauce
Chopped sausage and tomato sauce

Reactions: 2 people

f430.enzo

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
This is an amazing stuff. Looks and feels like real pasta. With perfect sauce and seasoning it really feels like eating pasta but without the carbs. Amazing as it does not spike sugar too. Can't wait for their ready meals so I can take to work.

rden66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've tried it, and I must say it will be the first and last time.
Probably better used as noodles than spaghetti.

f430.enzo

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I guess if you use thick sauce for pastas they taste all right. Remember it's made of water and fibre do it will be blend and must flavour with seasoning or sauce