Someone to talk to?

cure_diabetes

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I don't like brussel sprouts or people who make me feel weird for having Diabetes. For example when they say: "Eww, how do you do that its horrible"

caretaker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
i don't do apps but use the site i think your find there lots of people here who wont shut up.
we'er not to fryghting that's why i put on this picture and no one of me

Reactions: 2 people

caretaker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi App people
you all seem to be very young..
some of us old people? have been playing this diabetes game for over 40 + years. when we boiled needles in a saucepan and tested urine sugar levels in a chemistry set not something you could put in your coat pocket.(YOU don't no how luck you are now days) just joking

be good or try too

Reactions: 4 people

Danny Prince

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
My Likes
Hi App people
you all seem to be very young..
some of us old people? have been playing this diabetes game for over 40 + years. when we boiled needles in a saucepan and tested urine sugar levels in a chemistry set not something you could put in your coat pocket.(YOU don't no how luck you are now days) just joking

be good or try too

This may sound dumb, But what on earth are app people ;o?

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.

HeatherMay_

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, wow that's a long time, how did you cope with it, being ao young? :)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Yep, certainly is! I've always coped quite well. When I was younger my teachers new, my friends new so I got used to it very quickly. As I've got older it has become a bit harder for me due to going to college and getting set up for Uni and everyone there having to know about it as I do suffer with a lot of hypos. But so far, all my teachers and everyone at my college seems to be ok with how I work. How are you finding everything?

paigewilli96

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yep, certainly is! I've always coped quite well. When I was younger my teachers new, my friends new so I got used to it very quickly. As I've got older it has become a bit harder for me due to going to college and getting set up for Uni and everyone there having to know about it as I do suffer with a lot of hypos. But so far, all my teachers and everyone at my college seems to be ok with how I work. How are you finding everything?
Aww well I do think it is pretty difficult for people our age just because of all the changes :) I'm okay I suppose it's quite tricky at times :)

bloodbaby

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
onions, and when people try to tell me about how to treat my diabetes based on their distant relationship with someone who has diabetes.
Aww well I do think it is pretty difficult for people our age just because of all the changes :) I'm okay I suppose it's quite tricky at times :)

Once the insulin levels and management were set, one of the hardest things for me was the way people act about it. People ask me how they can avoid catching it, or tell me "you're so lucky because you get to eat in class." One of the school nurses I worked with made me sit in the principals office for 3 hours because I fell asleep on the bed when I had a hyper. She sat there and accused me of faking a ketone induced coma. It gets better though :) p.s. sorry for butting into your convo

HeatherMay_

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
13 years? :eek: you have any of the complications of diabetes? (i was diagnosed 4 years ago)

Yep, 13 years. I've had one serious hypo at school were I ended up with paramedics treating me and in hospital for a couple of days and I've just recently had a slight diteriation in my eyesight but that's due to now wearing glasses. Apart from that, no serious problems:) ahh, so enough time to know things but still time to learn things. I've had it so long I know when bloods should be done etc. I eat properly meaning I don't cut out sugar completely as it's a waste of time. I know how my sugars work. I don't always take my doctors advise purely because it never works. I know the inns and outs of it all and I've always had perfect sugars :):)

bonus

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everyone,

I suppose i am a little older than you all (25) but i know how you feel. I got diabetes when i was 16, just after finishing secondary school, but still had to cope with it at college for 3 years.

The hardest thing for me has been learning how much fast acting insulin to inject. I have never got on with carb counting, (seems to much trouble weighing food all the time to me) i know you learn gradually whats in what etc but i don't want to eat the same thing everyday all the time.

Learning what to inject as correction doses in food has been the worst. Also evening slow acting, lowers your blood obviously but you dont exactly know weather it will lower it too much.

Anyway, i could go on for ever, good luck everyone. :joyful:

Anta

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
my sister is diebetic and I always try to talk to her and support her - she does need it!

Lily06

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi I have T 1 and I have been dignosed for 5 years now and in 2014 I moved on to a pump it has changed my life.

Xxxxxx:) xxxx;)xxxxx
Lily06