Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
But I couldn't stop at one Taco. Like tortilla for fajitas!!

I'm an addict!

Reactions: 3 people

HazelD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hot weather
Maybe a stupid question but what is Protein powder? how benificial is it for diabetics.?

alliebee

You can get it from holland and barett health foods. Its basically a shake. But high protein. Good for breakfast and also in baking low carb goodies

Reactions: 2 people

poohtiggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Getting old and diabetese
How do I make cauliflower pizza base? Have seen it being talked about on here but searched the site and cannot find the recipe, thanks

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Raspbery Cake form my blog :)
http://www.diabeticgoodbaking.com/2014/10/raspberry-and-chocolate-cake.html
raspberry cake napis forum.jpg

Reactions: 9 people

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Low carb baking can be yummy and can look pretty too. Ive got some many ideas for different cakes just short of time for baking!

Liso66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes - Boredom - Lima Beans - Brussell Spouts - Dogs stuffed in shoulder-bags (Dogs are not an accessory) Shopping. (Yeah, I know. Broken female gene)
Not really new here, but new to posting. I thought I'd share a muffin in a mug recipe I created. It is flour free, sugar free, low carb, gluten free.

Chocolate - Peanut Butter Muffin

Tools needed.

Fork
Microwave safe mug or ramekin
measuring spoons

Ingredients.
One large egg (warmed in hot tap water - at least three minutes)
One tablespoon of cold pressed, organic refined coconut oil or whole butter
One tablespoon of organic powdered peanut butter. A great brand is Bell plantation.
One tablespoon of organic 100% cocoa powder - sugar free
Pinch of salt (optional)
2-4 drops of EZ Sweets or your favorite no carb liquid sweetener.
1/4 tsp of gluten free baking powder.
1/4 tsp vanilla extract (optional)

In your microwave safe mug or ramekin, melt your coconut oil or butter, but do not let it get hot. Only enough to melt it.
Add egg, sweetener, and vanilla and mix well with your fork.
Add dry ingredients to your egg mixture and blend until smooth, (no lumps)
Pop it in the microwave, on high for one minute.

The muffin will rise, so be sure to have your mug or ramekin large enough. This muffin is fluffy, a great, smooth cake-like texture and it does not raise my blood sugar levels after a two hour, post meal check.

I've not done the exact values, but my mental calculations brings this muffin in at less than 10 carbs. I eat around 20-30 carbs a day. 30 is my max.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Has anyone tried Kale Crisps?

Totally guilt free snackiness.
They will never replace potato crisps, but like all things low carb, if you get them right, they are delicious in their own right.

I made some last night, and this is what I did:

1 huge bag of curly kale (casually ripped)
1 teasp of oil (olive, rapeseed, or similar)
1 dessert spoon of curry paste (Korma, biryani, or just a few spices like coriander, chilli, cumin, ginger, etc)
salt to taste

Add oil and spices to a big bowl
roughly shred the kale, removing thick stems if necessary
Add kale and toss and massage with fingers until a thin layer of oil is spread over every leaf
Lay kale out in a single layer on a baking sheet
and sprinkle with salt, to taste.

Bake the kale on your lowest oven setting until it is crisp, dry and light as a feather, this could take 30 mins or 3 hours, depending on oven temperature. You are looking for crispness without brown edges or loss of green colour.
It isn't an exact science, so just go with the flow, and you can always cook for longer, or shorter, next time!
Allow to cool
store at room temperature in a jar or airtight container.

I image they would keep for a week or more, but they never last longer than 24 hours in our house.

You can use all sorts of seasonings, including soy sauce, balsamic, powdered onion, cheese or garlic.

The recipe above is for baking gently in an oven.
BUT you can always use a dehydrator (I do) instead (4 hours at 150 degrees, or 6-8 hours at 115 degrees).

Reactions: 10 people

Susiespearish

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
How do I make cauliflower pizza base? Have seen it being talked about on here but searched the site and cannot find the recipe, thanks

Pinched this off FB .

Haley's Cauliflower Crust Chicken Pizza
(Guilt free)

Ingredients -Large Cooked chicken breast chopped
-1/2 of a large cauliflower head
-Grape tomatoes
-Bell peppers
-Red onion -1 cup shredded part skim mozzarella
-1/2 cup tomato sauce
-1 egg
-Black pepper

Instructions
Line a pizza pan with parchment paper or a non stick spray. Preheat oven to 425ºF.
Grate the cauliflower until you have a couple cups worth of cauliflower crumbs. Place in a large bowl and microwave for seven to eight minutes, or until softened.
Mix in the egg, 1/2 cup mozzarella, and some pepper. Once combined, pat into a 10-inch round prepared pizza pan and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until golden.
Top the pizza with the sauce and the rest of your finely chopped ingredients. Bake in the oven until melted and bubbly for about 10 more minutes. Voila!! Enjoy!! You can totally use the ingredients that you love but this is my kind of pizza

Reactions: 5 people

poohtiggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Getting old and diabetese
Pinched this off FB .

Many thanks for this recipe, can't wait to try it which I plan to do at the weekend, sounds yummy and already looking forward to the treat

Haley's Cauliflower Crust Chicken Pizza
(Guilt free)

Ingredients -Large Cooked chicken breast chopped
-1/2 of a large cauliflower head
-Grape tomatoes
-Bell peppers
-Red onion -1 cup shredded part skim mozzarella
-1/2 cup tomato sauce
-1 egg
-Black pepper

Instructions
Line a pizza pan with parchment paper or a non stick spray. Preheat oven to 425ºF.
Grate the cauliflower until you have a couple cups worth of cauliflower crumbs. Place in a large bowl and microwave for seven to eight minutes, or until softened.
Mix in the egg, 1/2 cup mozzarella, and some pepper. Once combined, pat into a 10-inch round prepared pizza pan and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until golden.
Top the pizza with the sauce and the rest of your finely chopped ingredients. Bake in the oven until melted and bubbly for about 10 more minutes. Voila!! Enjoy!! You can totally use the ingredients that you love but this is my kind of pizza

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi doc zone where is recipe for creamy cabbage plz

Hi, and welcome!

if you pop 'creamy cabbage' in the search function it should come up. It's somewhere near the beginning of a low carb recipe thread, but I can't remember which one.

Bigted1956

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi new to this site been on LCD lately my fasting bloods are around 8 . Started LCD feel better in my self have lost 10 kilo in month . But sugars still hight after good . In teens I am on steroids and antibiotics for chest infection . Will my bloods go down when tabs finish . I was 16 st when started and 14 11 now thanks for any help . I am 58yrs old 5ft 10 large built

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi new to this site been on LCD lately my fasting bloods are around 8 . Started LCD feel better in my self have lost 10 kilo in month . But sugars still hight after good . In teens I am on steroids and antibiotics for chest infection . Will my bloods go down when tabs finish . I was 16 st when started and 14 11 now thanks for any help . I am 58yrs old 5ft 10 large built
Hi and welcome!

Perhaps better to post your introduction into a new thread in the new poster section, or ask your question over in 'questions'.

More people will see it there, and you will get a better welcome! :)

Antonyponraj

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Eggs and spinach
I use frozen spinach.
For 1
About 4 of those frozen blocks, I defrost in the micro (cos I can never remember to take it out)
Squeeze out the liquid.
Mix half a block of boursin or any soft cheese into the spinach, splash of cream, parmesan, nut meg and salt and pepper.
Put into an oven proof dish make a little space for an egg, and then top with grated cheese.
Bake for about 15 mins or until the egg is how you like it.
Enjoy.
Its for us veggies out there or as a side dish for you meat munchers.