My Atkins Life

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just to add to that, my nurse told me never to eat fruit as a snack - eat it with a meal. Makes perfect sense to me.

Reactions: 2 people

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks guys! Got even more better news! My business plan was approved so now I can make it official and get my head down....I'm excited and scared of failure but at least I'm
Going something I love and that people like.

Didn't really achieve much today but had a pretty good day. Girls are even good at the mo too. Some older kids at school have been teo g scary stories so my two are really rattled. Can see me sleeping on their floor later...!

And as for school - don't get me started on all this easing in...

Wasn't able to have yoghurt with dinner so ate it 8.30pm. Not ideal. I should've not had it really. Must do better.

Over and out!
Xxx

Reactions: 4 people

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just thought I'd warn you guys that I'm drowning in startup things to go as Xmas approaches so don't worry that I've gone off the rails if you don't see me around - I'm just working!

I'm loving my business but wish there were more hours in the day to squeeze everything in. I've no idea if I'll be a success but I'll give it a good go...

Diet wise I'm just not hungry but trying to eat. Hoping that my total calorie count is reducing by itself as I've not got the time to add it on mfp right now!

And today I bought public liability insurance which has suddenly made it all real. I'm elated but scared.

Right back to the kids....

Deb xxxx

Reactions: 5 people

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh my goodness, I've not stopped all week! I'm in my element though and am excited about getting out there for Xmas!

Haven't really thought about food or straying other than making more of an effort to eat less at night to see what it does to BG. I'm having a tea now but that shouldn't matter too much.

I have had a really productive week. I'm so far managing to juggle but I'm
Sure I've forgotten to do something....

I'm booking Xmas craft fairs too. Eeeek!!!

Xxxxx

Reactions: 7 people

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh my gosh!!!

I AM OFFICIALLY SELF EMPLOYED!!!

Think my BG just sky rocketed!!!

....deb xxx

Reactions: 10 people

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just....

Keep Calm
and
Make Bags

and you'll be fine. Good luck!

Robbity
Thanks everyone! And you know where to come if you need a personalised bag for a loved one!

D xxx

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks everyone! And you know where to come if you need a personalised bag for a loved one!

D xxx

I already did! And my friend loved it. Says it makes her smile every time she sees it.
And her teenage boys won't go near it, cos it's too girly and bling. :hilarious:

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I already did! And my friend loved it. Says it makes her smile every time she sees it.
And her teenage boys won't go near it, cos it's too girly and bling. :hilarious:

That's what I love about my job! Making people smile makes me happy!

Xxx

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You couldn't resist, could you?
You had to write 'what I love about my job'. Didn't you? :happy::happy::happy:

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Congratulations! Well done you! Big hugs!

Thanks Scandi! I'm a bit sad I'm not going into teaching but the cons were too long at the mo for me!

Hope you're not still working crazy hours xxx

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Thanks Scandi! I'm a bit sad I'm not going into teaching but the cons were too long at the mo for me!

Hope you're not still working crazy hours xxx
To be honest I wish I could do something else at times. Bad day yesterday with teenagers being teenagers! Oh well! I did get thanks from a parent yesterday. It happens so rarely I'm tempted to print it off and stick it to the wall in my room! Lol! Hugsxxx

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I thought I'd weigh myself again today and nothing is moving again despite my angelic ways. So I started to think why....

I wonder if I'm stuck in a food rut - just eating same old stuff for convenience as work is so busy and my body isn't impressed! I've really cut down on my mug cake and sweetened treats so I'm disappointed it hasn't shown on the scales.

BG levels have been fairly good which is the main thing. I've started getting a cold today and suddenly felt exhausted earlier. I feel knackered! And every time I sneeze, it pulls on my leg so really hurts. I've discovered my ultimate sneezing position to avoid pain, but I look like I'm taking a poop in the woods when I assume the stance! But anything to stop the pain :/

Work is going well - days are flying too fast and I can't switch off at 3pm. As I walk down to pick up the girls, I'm editing bag photos for the website! It really has taken over my house and life!!

I suppose I'd better get some Zs.

Love to you all
Deb xxx

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
I thought I'd weigh myself again today and nothing is moving again despite my angelic ways. So I started to think why....

I wonder if I'm stuck in a food rut - just eating same old stuff for convenience as work is so busy and my body isn't impressed! I've really cut down on my mug cake and sweetened treats so I'm disappointed it hasn't shown on the scales.

BG levels have been fairly good which is the main thing. I've started getting a cold today and suddenly felt exhausted earlier. I feel knackered! And every time I sneeze, it pulls on my leg so really hurts. I've discovered my ultimate sneezing position to avoid pain, but I look like I'm taking a poop in the woods when I assume the stance! But anything to stop the pain :/

Work is going well - days are flying too fast and I can't switch off at 3pm. As I walk down to pick up the girls, I'm editing bag photos for the website! It really has taken over my house and life!!

Love to you all
Deb xxx
Glad it's all going well on the work front! Don't worry about plateau? Me too so I understand your frustration! i know I shouldn't laugh at other people's expense but the image in my head of you sneezing is hilarious! Hope you feel better soon! Big hugs!
Scandix

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Love to you all
Deb xxx

Have you kept up your water intake Deb? I find I sometimes let that slip when I'm busy.