Watching man city

Padders91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all, not been on for a while, and just wanted to ask if there are any man city fans amongst us, the reason being, I always found that no matter if I have carb counted correctly, I always find when I get back and check my bg it is always a bit on the high side, eg I went last weekend to watch Chelsea, with bg of 5.0, got back to a level of 12, all I can think of is that it is all the excitement/ nervousness, being a city fan and all lol comes with the territory.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
It's stress related, change to another team :)

Seriously though you can bolus for stressful situations, if you read the book Think Like a Pancreas the author gives some great advice on bolusing for such occasions.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi all, not been on for a while, and just wanted to ask if there are any man city fans amongst us, the reason being, I always found that no matter if I have carb counted correctly, I always find when I get back and check my bg it is always a bit on the high side, eg I went last weekend to watch Chelsea, with bg of 5.0, got back to a level of 12, all I can think of is that it is all the excitement/ nervousness, being a city fan and all lol comes with the territory.

Hi I was a huge fan in the 1970's, with the great Francis lee, I wrote an English project on him at school and went to two live matches ( which was very exciting), I have the Man City team signatures which I wrote off for :happy: but I wasn't diabetic then.

Reactions: 2 people

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi

Also a City fan here.

Things could be worse, imagine what your stress/glucose levels would be like if you were a United fan watching the Leicester game:)

Pavlos

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 4 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'll check my BG's before and after games (Arsenal) and let you know! The next Premiership away game should tell me everything I need to know and I'll report back to you.:)

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
Hi

Also a City fan here.

Things could be worse, imagine what your stress/glucose levels would be like if you were a United fan watching the Leicester game:)

Pavlos

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App
yep, our Pavlos is a bit of a renegade, usually it's Man U. fans that live in exotic places, miles from Manchester, not City fans!:p:p:)

Reactions: 3 people

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
What have united and Richard the Third got in common? They both got buried in Leicester! :woot:

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
yep, our Pavlos is a bit of a renegade, usually it's Man U. fans that live in exotic places, miles from Manchester, not City fans!:p:p:)
And, perhaps even more surprising, I am not a Johnny come lately glory hunting plastic either. I have been a supporter from afar for the last forty years, since I was about 8, going back to the times when there was no live football on the box and we had to catch radio commentary of the second half of games on BBC world service on Saturday afternoons and then wait until next Thursday evening for An hour long program of highlights to air. Probably the only live game we had back then was the FA cup final and the one against Spurs is one I remember particularly well, particularly a flying winger named Hutchinson.

My son is now a fanatic but as he is eleven he has only known the glory years. He hardly believed we were in the third division not so long ago.

I am hoping we can get our hands on a couple of tickets for the derby on nov 2, so that we can fly there. It will be a first to Manchester for both of us.

Pavlos

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I can understand United or any other English team for that matter having supporters all over the world.

English football is and has been hugely popular for a number of years, and is televised all over the world. It is only natural that those that follow it, even on television will end up having a favorite team. They probably support their English team in addition rather than instead of a local team they also support.

What I do not understand is the large number of people in say London, who support United? Why? What is wrong with the London teams?

Pavlos

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I can understand United or any other English team for that matter having supporters all over the world.

English football is and has been hugely popular for a number of years, and is televised all over the world. It is only natural that those that follow it, even on television will end up having a favorite team. They probably support their English team in addition rather than instead of a local team they also support.

What I do not understand is the large number of people in say London, who support United? Why? What is wrong with the London teams?

Pavlos
lol I would tell you, but I'd be here for hours!;)

Padders91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It's stress related, change to another team :)

Seriously though you can bolus for stressful situations, if you read the book Think Like a Pancreas the author gives some great advice on bolusing for such occasions.

Haha bit late in the day, for that noblehead, having been a city fan since I was 8, when the great Ali bernarbia and feed the goat goater were playing, I can always remember the webley showdown vs gillingham, it's a good job I didn't have diabetes then, my sugars would have been through the roof lol

Reactions: 3 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Rovers fan here!
Everton are called 'the people's club' in scouse land for the same reason.

The reason for this is the Amount of press and media saturation the two reds have recieved over the period of the premiership. And they get the highest viewer audiences on televised games.
This is why(because I googled it) is because the Liverpoo game is on rather than say an all premiership clash is on Sky now!!!!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Pavlos

I used to live in Tottenham N17 and not a far away walk from White Hart Lane, I must of been between the ages of 8 to 10 :) My grown up son is a mad Liverpool fan o_O

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Oh yeah! Mine rise a little because of the frustration of our home form in the last 18 months! I know what City fans have been through! I loved our games against you at Maine Road.

Padders91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Go
Oh yeah! Mine rise a little because of the frustration of our home form in the last 18 months! I know what City fans have been through! I loved our games against you at Maine Road.

God that takes me back, maine road what a brilliant stadium, they were good times, it's a pity they let it go, somehow the ethihad dosent have the same atmosphere as maine road did, weather that will change with the expansion, who knows, but I doubt it

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
H
Go

God that takes me back, maine road what a brilliant stadium, they were good times, it's a pity they let it go, somehow the ethihad dosent have the same atmosphere as maine road did, weather that will change with the expansion, who knows, but I doubt it
Have not been to the Etihad yet, nearly once, would love to go but as we haven't played you or not likely to unless in one of the cups!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I was actually born in Manchester, but I never went to Maine road :(

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people

Many people support the team that their parents supported as that is what they were brought up with, likewise with their parents parents, it just the way it goes.