Oh dear, this was unexpected

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Does this mean that your relationship with hubbie is over? If the age difference not the fact that you both have partners is the issue? Or are the 2 of you going to remain just good friends? Will his girlfriend be accepting of your friendship? If it was a friendship then why is she jealous? Just wondering?
This is not a friendship in either of the participants minds. This is clearly a romance and whether things have become physical or not is in my opinion of little significance.

annelise

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unfriendly and bigotted persons; i.e. persons who do not have an open or enquiring mind - but all within reason - persons may have a reason to appear as such - we will never know their backgrounds or where they come from ...
Totto, just to tell you that my mother (now 94) has lived - and is still living - happily with her partner (now 72) for more than 40 years. So sometimes age difference will not be the major inhibitant.

best, annelise

Reactions: 2 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
This is not a friendship in either of the participants minds. This is clearly a romance and whether things have become physical or not is in my opinion of little significance.
I prefer to ask questions rather than tell someone what to do as it will be the op who has to deal with the consequences.
I think that @Totto and her friend need to decide what they want so that they can all move forward. There are clearly several options but some would require a leap of faith.
I loved your pictures of Cyprus and am glad you are posting again. :) How is your bs?

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Totto, just to tell you that my mother (now 94) has lived - and is still living - happily with her partner (now 72) for more than 40 years. So sometimes age difference will not be the major inhibitant.

best, annelise
I also think age is irrelevant. Some people are just meant to be together.

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We will, as I said in an earlier post, now go on with our lives, he in France with his girlfriend and uni, I with hubby on the farm.

Pavlovson, it is a romantic friendship. We don't want to go further than that and it is fine. I guess the romantic part will wear off soon enough.

And I still want to live with hubby.

Agree to a certain extent about the irrelevance of age but in our case it is 30 years and as I said, we are not going to disrupt all and everything but try to keep in contact anyway.

No French to speak of, never studied it anyway but have picked up a bit here and there.

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
We will, as I said in an earlier post, now go on with our lives, he in France with his girlfriend and uni, I with hubby on the farm.

Pavlovson, it is a romantic friendship. We don't want to go further than that and it is fine. I guess the romantic part will wear off soon enough.

Agree to a certain extent about the irrelevance of age but in our case it is 30 years and as I said, we are not going to disrupt all and everything but try to keep in contact anyway.

No French to speak of, never studied it anyway but have picked up a bit here and there.

Totto I just hope you will find the path that will lead you to happiness and will cause the least hurt to all concerned.

What that may be only you can decide

Pavlos

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes

Two sites to help you out.
Verbix: breaks the verb down into lots of different time frames for you.
http://www.verbix.com/languages/french.shtml
Word reference: fab online dictionary as it gives examples of the word in context.
http://www.wordreference.com/enfr/
Obviously it's through English but as you are fluent it won't be an issue, will it?;)

And a couple of grammar sites:
http://www.languageguide.org/french/grammar/
http://french.about.com/od/grammar/

And a practise site with some explanations and self marking!
http://www.languagesonline.org.uk/Hotpotatoes/Index.htm

Hope this helps!
Scandix

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I prefer to ask questions rather than tell someone what to do as it will be the op who has to deal with the consequences.
I think that @Totto and her friend need to decide what they want so that they can all move forward. There are clearly several options but some would require a leap of faith.
I loved your pictures of Cyprus and am glad you are posting again. :) How is your bs?
Dear Scandichic

It was not my intention to tell Dotto what to do, I feel unqualified in the extreme to even begin to do so particularly as I think that the position she finds herself is a potential minefield.

I agree that it is her life and she has to live with the consequences.

I mentioned in one of my posts that she now has the task of working things out with her husband and that I hope she is able to do so, because this is what she said she intended to do.

I am pleased that from her latest posts it seems that in her own mind she is clear as to what she wants her future to hold.

I just hope it all works out for her in the end.

Pavlos

P.s blood glucose improving but still high, latest morning count 8.4 mmol. Rome was not conquered in a day and all that :)

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dear Scandichic

It was not my intention to tell Dotto what to do, I feel unqualified in the extreme to even begin to do so particularly as I think that the position she finds herself is a potential minefield.

I agree that it is her life and she has to live with the consequences.

I mentioned in one of my posts that she now has the task of working things out with her husband and that I hope she is able to do so, because this is what she said she intended to do.

I am pleased that from her latest posts it seems that in her own mind she is clear as to what she wants her future to hold.

I just hope it all works out for her in the end.

Pavlos

P.s blood glucose improving but still high, latest morning count 8.4 mmol. Rome was not conquered in a day and all that :)
This is the problem with the written word. I was not suggesting that you were telling her what to do I was trying to explain why I ask questions - it's my way of asking someone if they've thought of the following? They probably have but then sometimes we all miss the obvious - I include myself in that! :rolleyes:
Well your bs is slowly improving. My weight has slowed down. Plateaued for a bit, lost 3lbs last week and 1lb today. Now lost 3 st 6lbs or 21kg since January. Am focussing on the weight and bs together!

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Scandichic

21kg is a remarkable achievement! You should be very proud!

Keep up the good work.

Pavlos

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
90xgl.jpg

We did have a good time, you know. Have look now, I will remove the pic tomorrow.

@Jaylee is this what you call fellowmelad?

@Heathenlass is invited too, she might like the pic?

@Scandichic have a look and tell me what you think.He doesn't look sad, does he?
@Jill the tt might want to have a look, too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
990xgl.jpg

We did have a good time, you know. Have look now, I will remove the pic tomorrow.

@Jaylee is this what you call fellowmelad?

@Heathenlass is invited too, she might like the pic?

@Scandichic have a look and tell me what you think.He doesn't look sad, does he?
@Jill the tt might want to have a look, too.
Awww! Very sweet!

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Aww @ totto! I missed this, not being online yesterday :( Big market day :(

Any chance of another look , please ? ;)

Signy

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Am I the only one who can still see the photo in @Scandichic 's response quoting @Totto 's earlier message?

Scandi you may wish to do something about that.:)

Pavlos