Bydureon (Week 5)

Sallybear

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi there, I was diagnosed type 2 just under 2 years ago now.

I have been unable to take Metformin due to stomach issues, even the XR version.

I was successfully given Gliclazide but it was a little too good and I was moved to Januvia.

Nothing seemed to work, was given saxagliptin, then sitagliptin, eventually the highest dose of Glimeperide along with Pioglitazone. The Pioglitazone gave me heart failure, so have now been given Bydureon.

Currently on week 5 and no change in my readings, but I have lost a stone!!

How long is it supposed to take to start working?

Sallybear

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well I am getting much better at delivering the injections now. I can get all of the powder mixed really well, and it doesn't even hurt to give it now. Still not a single change in my readings though, sorry to bump a post, I have Googled this but how long is this supposed to take to work??

Sallybear

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well today is the first day I have noticed my reading have started to come down, so I guess I have answered my own question, just in case anyone else is wondering like me and hasn't been able to get the answers online, or any answers from anyone on here, my reading came down today, and i took my 5th injection on SUnday just gone.

Sallybear

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well over 120 views on this post and not one comment, still I like talking to myself.

The one day of low readings was a complete one off, I have had consistently high readings for the 6 weeks of Bydureon apart from that one morning.

I am now fed up, it isn't working, it obviously isn't the right medication for me so what next? I am left with Insulin as the only other option. I am only 38, is this the end? Can I get 'better' from here? What damage has already been done?

Tracieo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I was put on basal insulin on 16th July, it was the best thing that has happened since being diagnosed. Please don't think it is the end of the world - it is not, a new beginning for me really.

Sallybear

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks Tracieo and DIbbles was starting to feel a bit lonely.

Just feeling fed up and down I think, will wait to see what happens.

Tracieo, does insulin mean I can never eat any carbs again? I don't eat too many now, but I do like the odd spaghetti.