Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Day 11 diabetes miracle eating:

Crustless quiche, coffee with cream
A choc cookie (low carb)
Olives, Brie, sun dried tomatoes and bacon strips :wacky:
Stir fried pork with broccoli and beans, with some jerk seasoning and Parmesan, followed by berries&cream.

Is it me, or is this site incredibly sssslllloooowwwwww today?

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Tonight's dinner

ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1411497014.111375.jpg

Grilled eggplant salad
Greek yogurt
Boiled broccoli and courgettes
Stir fried chicken with re pepper and onion

One peach for desert.

Lunch was grilled pork shish kebab and some raw cucumber and tomato. Did not touch the pitta bread.

Breakfast was two small slices of whole meal multigrain toast with butter, one slice of ham and a mug of tea with semi skimmed milk.

Loobles

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who interrupt you when you're talking and people who won't listen.
Lunch - 2 quarters of a club sandwich...minus crusts and most of the bread :rolleyes:
Snack - walnuts
Snack - apple
Dinner - Thai green curry with 30g brown rice
Snack - probably some strawberries

alliebee

Quick question. Approx how many carbs in a chocolate low carb mug cake please? The one with ground almonds egg butter and cocoa?

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Quick question. Approx how many carbs in a chocolate low carb mug cake please? The one with ground almonds egg butter and cocoa?

I don't make them, but you could put the ingredients into myfitnesspal as a recipe, and it'll calculate it for you.

Reactions: 2 people

Etty

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
http://www.tesco.com/groceries/
You can put the ingredients into the search box at the website above and check. It's sometimes a lot faster than fitday or myfitnesspal . Ground almonds are 6.5g per 100g; the other ingredients are negligible I think.

alliebee

I'm weighing at present to be really accurate then entering it as I go..in mfp. Breakfast lunch dinner and snacks. Not worrying so much for now re calories. Just carbs. I'm averaging 35 to 40 according to mfp and in ketosis with dark stix.

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
B 3 bacon
L 2 runny boiled eggs, 2 toast soldiers ( only had white bread ) @ 2 hrs was 9.5 I miss white bread :(
D cheesy cabbage with bacon bits
Been running high all day, apart from the bread at lunchtime a bit stressed at work, big project due out on Tuesday

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
100g Greek yogurt with 6 small strawberries and 10g flaxseed
Tinned salmon, 6 cherry toms, 57g cheese, mayo, slice of my usual bread and butter
Chip shop fish and mushy peas, slice of bread and butter, vinegar on fish, ate all the batter.

Mystery with the fish. Exactly the same meal as last Tuesday and the Tuesday before that. This time a huge rise. Previously only teeny weeny ones. Maybe I had more peas this time. Oh well, it was good, and the spike was less than 7.8.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Perhaps the batter was different?

Yesterday, I was reading in the local freebie that the village hippie offers gluten-free batter two nights a week (Thurs & Sat). I'll be interested to know which flour they use some time.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Perhaps the batter was different?

Yesterday, I was reading in the local freebie that the village hippie offers gluten-free batter two nights a week (Thurs & Sat). I'll be interested to know which flour they use some time.

You have a village hippie? ;)

Yes, may have been the batter. Same chippie but not quite as nice as last week.

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
D: two free range roast chicken breasts (skin on), with creamy buttery garlicky oniony whole grain mustardy cabbage. Very tasty. Two glasses on Pinot Grigio.

IncyWincy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast: Porridge (made with 30g oats and half a mug of skimmed milk) topped with mixed chopped nuts and raspberries.
Lunch: 2 egg omelette filled with mozzarella slices and ratatouille. 2 squares of Elizabeth Shaw 85% dark choccy (16g carb per 100g & on special at Sainsburys for £1).
Dinner: As yet undecided but probably a big green chicken salad with lots of coleslaw.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Greek yogurt and strawberries with 10g flaxseed
2 boiled eggs mashed in mayo, 6 cherry toms, 53g cheese, slice of bread and butter
Tea will be errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr .................... naughty. Hubby's homemade steak, kidney and diced spud pie with a top crust, bisto and oxo. This has been an experiment for me over the past few weeks. First no pastry at all, then a tiny bit, then a bit more and so on. It is better if I have a babybel cheese straight after it, but tonight I will decline any pastry. The birds can have my share. The experiment isn't working to my liking. :(

Reactions: 3 people
Status
Not open for further replies.