Watching man city

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Many people support the team that their parents supported as that is what they were brought up with, likewise with their parents parents, it just the way it goes.
You have a point there but I am sure that is not the whole story.

I have two cousins living in north London ( we Greeks seem to have cousins all over the place), none of their dad's support any team not being that interested in football. Guess who they both support? United.

They have been teasing me for years about City, so I am getting my own back now!

Pavlos

P.s. Watching extra time of Liverpool v Middlesbrough just now having watched the Arsenal v Southampton game earlier. Told the wife that I needed to go for a walk. Conveniently my path took me to the neighborhood sports bar, where they are showing both games on big screens. I love satellite broadcasting!

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
You have a point there but I am sure that is not the whole story.

I have two cousins living in north London ( we Greeks seem to have cousins all over the place), none of their dad's support any team not being that interested in football. Guess who they both support? United.

They have been teasing me for years about City, so I am getting my own back now!

Pavlos

P.s. Watching extra time of Liverpool v Middlesbrough just now having watched the Arsenal v Southampton game earlier. Told the wife that I needed to go for a walk. Conveniently my path took me to the neighborhood sports bar, where they are showing both games on big screens. I love satellite broadcasting!

Just switched over to the match before, see it's 1 - 1 in ET.

Whatever club someone supports is irrelevant really, as long as they enjoy the beautiful game.

Reactions: 3 people

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Whatever club someone supports is irrelevant really, as long as they enjoy the beautiful game.

Agreed but it would not be the same without a bit of banter. Always as long as it's good natured.

I really don't understand the idiots who get violent over it. It's a game after all

Pavlos

Reactions: 3 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Agreed but it would not be the same without a bit of banter. Always as long as it's good natured.

I really don't understand the idiots who get violent over it. It's a game after all

Pavlos

I've never understood it either Pavlosn................in any sport.

Liverpool just scored, not the greatest of goals but they all count :)

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It's past midnight here, a working day tomorrow and a thirty minute walk to get home so I best be on my way.

Goodnight

Pavlos

Reactions: 2 people

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Glad I do not leave early. Middlesbrough just equalized!

Pavlos

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
This is some penalty shoot-out, hard to say which way it will go.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Rovers had an 11-10 against penalty shoot out about ten years ago. This was nearly as good as the 6-6 draw with Newcastle and a penalty shoot out 7-6 which we also lost!

Can you see a pattern?

How we ever ended up at Wemberly a few times during the nineties and early noughties I'll never know, it was fun while it lasted!

baz2107

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Am a Liverpool supporter and original posters theory definitely applies. Was 4.3 before I had my tea last night, and had my normal 2 units of apidra and just drank water. Went to bed straight after then penalties and my reading was 15.8! Normally if it was this high I would have taken a correction dosage, but I just took my 2 units of background lantus to see what my reading was this morning. Got up and it was 5.1! so stress must affect it.