Glad I asked...

Loobles

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who interrupt you when you're talking and people who won't listen.
Either I'm a wuss or my finger pricker flipping hurts...but I came across a thread somewhere where people were recommending the Fastclix as being less painful so I thought I'd give it a try. Well I couldn't find one anywhere so contacted Roche and they're sending me one free of charge. Pretty decent of them I thought. Will let you know what I think of it.

Copy of email
Thank you for contacting Accu-Chek.

We are happy to inform you that we have sent you the requested Accu-Chek Fastclix finger pricker today. Please allow up to 5 working days for delivery, all items are sent by Royal Mail Post.
You will need the following items for your Accu-Chek Fastclix:
Accu-Chek Fastclix Lancets (204) PIP code: 351 – 2795
This item is available on prescription or for purchase from any retail pharmacy. If the pharmacist or dispenser struggles to find it on their system, you can quote the “PIP code” to them or they can contact our Healthcare Professional Careline at 0800 040 7221 (UK).
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions.
Kind regards,
Accu-Chek Customer Service Team

Reactions: 4 people

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Yes they have sent you a free pricker or "Accu-Chek Lancet Sales and Marketing System" as it is known at Roche. How altruistic of them. ^_^

Reactions: 4 people

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
yep I use the fastclix - love it - Although I bought some cartridges for the multiclix (by accident) which is bigger and I can't use them.

Reactions: 2 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Either I'm a wuss or my finger pricker flipping hurts...but I came across a thread somewhere where people were recommending the Fastclix as being less painful so I thought I'd give it a try. Well I couldn't find one anywhere so contacted Roche and they're sending me one free of charge. Pretty decent of them I thought. Will let you know what I think of it.

Copy of email
Thank you for contacting Accu-Chek.

We are happy to inform you that we have sent you the requested Accu-Chek Fastclix finger pricker today. Please allow up to 5 working days for delivery, all items are sent by Royal Mail Post.
You will need the following items for your Accu-Chek Fastclix:
Accu-Chek Fastclix Lancets (204) PIP code: 351 – 2795
This item is available on prescription or for purchase from any retail pharmacy. If the pharmacist or dispenser struggles to find it on their system, you can quote the “PIP code” to them or they can contact our Healthcare Professional Careline at 0800 040 7221 (UK).
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions.
Kind regards,
Accu-Chek Customer Service Team

The Codefree pricker is particularly aggressive, in my view. I still use one from my iBGStar, which is considerably gentler. When I did my recent 24 test, my poor little fingers were a bit sore by the end.

julifriend

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I use a Glucomen Glucoject Dual finger pricker as the SD one looked too brutal to me. The Glucoject takes standard lancets and has adjustments for both depth and strength. I have it on the second lowest depth and the lowest strength settings as this is all I currently need to get the drop of blood required for testing.

Loobles

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Yes they have sent you a free pricker or "Accu-Chek Lancet Sales and Marketing System" as it is known at Roche. How altruistic of them. ^_^
Of course I know it's not an altruistic gesture, but it saves me buying lancets and a pricker.

Last edited by a moderator:

Loobles

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Codefree pricker is particularly aggressive, in my view. I still use one from my iBGStar, which is considerably gentler. When I did my recent 24 test, my poor little fingers were a bit sore by the end.
It is aggressive, I agree. I have a couple of different types now but I'm still looking for a pain free one for general use lol

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Of course I know it's not an altruistic gesture, but it saves me buying lancets and a pricker.
They're not sending you any lancets, according to the email. They want your GP to pay for them.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I use the Fastclix. It still hurts! My fingers are bruised and I have to have days off from testing. The problem I have is the lancet drum holds 6 lancets, so you cannot aim for a specific spot. You press, click, and the blood comes out in some surprising places!
I must add that apart from first thing in the morning I struggle to get blood because my skin is quite thick, so maybe this is why I bruise easily, but it is impossible to aim precisely.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I use the Fastclix. It still hurts! My fingers are bruised and I have to have days off from testing. The problem I have is the lancet drum holds 6 lancets, so you cannot aim for a specific spot. You press, click, and the blood comes out in some surprising places!
I must add that apart from first thing in the morning I struggle to get blood because my skin is quite thick, so maybe this is why I bruise easily, but it is impossible to aim precisely.

Do you rotate fingers and hands, and sides of your fingers? I must admit, I use my left hand far more than my right. It seems to bleed better.

I can't believe these days I have an opinion on which fingers bleed best, but I do!

Reactions: 3 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Do you rotate fingers and hands, and sides of your fingers? I must admit, I use my left hand far more than my right. It seems to bleed better.

I can't believe these days I have an opinion on which fingers bleed best, but I do!

LOL I do rotate my fingers and hands, but am reluctant to use my right hand as much as my left. I am not supposed to encourage any infection in my right arm due to lymph node surgery. I find the sides of my fingers really hurts when I try there. My little fingers give the best blood.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Find the Accu-Chek helpline extremely good, I bet the finger pricker arrives in the morning.

Loobles

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
They're not sending you any lancets, according to the email. They want your GP to pay for them.
I'm not after the lancets

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You need the lancets Loobles. They are inside a drum (6 in a drum) and you can only use those ones.

Loobles

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
You need the lancets Loobles. They are inside a drum (6 in a drum) and you can only use those ones.
I know. I was trying to save on words lol as I'm on my ipad and hate typing on it I have a local supplier who can get lancets...but not the FP for some bizarre reason. Loads of lancet places online too but couldn't find anywhere selling FP.

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
you can use them more than once by not going to the next number till you want to, after you get to 6? that's it change the drum, but it might do a ~100 tests on the 6 or 20 odd each lancet

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 5 people