update of problem having a a suspected hypo............ not so

south711

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
being a diabetic and finding restrictions.to life style. people who do not understand the problems one has. not being able to afford to come back to uk for holidays as often, quite expensive. miss some foods that the French do not do. but can live with that French drivers. who love to tail gate. and they love to drive over the white line. in rural areas they are a pain. but get use to it. does put the wind up you. But driving in the UK found that drivers want to get as close as they can. and the traffic. it took me 25 minutes to get to friends house which was less then a mile away. due to traffic.
I posted a desperate help plea. the results.
thank you for input............ but my hypo was not the case........... had a heart attack. nothing to do with a hypo. as thought. did as you all suggested phone ambulance. was referred to my doctor. found that This suspected hypo was not. it was a heart attack.
Rushed to hospital. and was sent to Lyon France for Stent. then back again to local hospital. and then to cap it all had to have apacemaker fitted. Heart was beating well below normal rate. they Fitted stent in heart. and and then pacemaker. as heart was working overtime, max beats was between 30 and 40 beats.
I really thought it was to do with with my diabetic condition. felt faint, shakey, pain, sweaty, and very unsteady on feet. went to be, and stayed there till I contacted you all on the Monday, and you suggested contacting a ambulance. I did they referred me to my doctor. who checked my pulse, and informed e tht I had a heart attck nothng to do with my diabetic.
Home now, feeling ok, as far as it goes
Never in a million years did I think it was anything to do with my heart, but they said that because I have fiberlating heart that misses a beat, ittook over and caused the heart attack. that was a bolt from the blue.
They sent me off paramedics, hospital and had the stent in heart and a couple more stents. as they said my arteries were closing. This was caused thru radiotherapy. they said it cures the cancer but damages the heart. that was a blow too. surprised as I was unaware of ay problems. always had a heart that missed a beat and was on aheart tablet. anyway. never had a problem.

The doctors. informed me that I was lucky. and now I have apacemaker. so we shall see. if my heart rate improves. and I am sure it will. just sitting and doing nothing.

I have to say if you are going to be ill come et France, they do not mess around here. straight in .....sent to a clinic, stent fitted. and 2 days later pacemaker. I was in hospital for 2 weeks. let me out last Friday, that was under protest. could not stand the food. they agreed. so waiting now for next appointment. October 14 th

Feel ok. just so lucky.

The doctors said the following: Please note.
When ever you get a pain anywhere in the chest area. call the paramedics. it might be a false alarm. but do not think it is always indigestion. it must be checked. They were most insistent. that this should happen. and they proved right. with me. My doctor new straight away it was aheart attack.

I am hoping that time will be a healer. and that I can get back to a normal heart beat and back on track.
So do not suppose, as we all did. it is or was a hypo when you have pain !!!!!!.

Thank you all but needed to inform you of my results. glad to be back.

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Oh my goodness, you have had shock, thank goodness you got the right treatment.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Blimey South, what a shocker. Lucky you called the ambulance and excellent diagnosis from your doctor.
I hope your recovery goes well, and thanks for the update.

Reactions: 2 people

south711

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
being a diabetic and finding restrictions.to life style. people who do not understand the problems one has. not being able to afford to come back to uk for holidays as often, quite expensive. miss some foods that the French do not do. but can live with that French drivers. who love to tail gate. and they love to drive over the white line. in rural areas they are a pain. but get use to it. does put the wind up you. But driving in the UK found that drivers want to get as close as they can. and the traffic. it took me 25 minutes to get to friends house which was less then a mile away. due to traffic.
Your so welcome, have to admit, it was your suggestion that made me ring the ambulance.. even if it was not correct it shows that contacting the paramedics. worked. I am so glad that I was here in France, as they are so quick over here, and thankful for the doctors and nurses, When I go back to see them on the 14th, I will collect a cake for them.
They were brilliant., and talking with them, they cannot understand why our British nurses, do not do more for the patient.. They seem to be able to do things that our nurses, would not attempt, and not allowed to do.without permission. I spoke with one nurse, who worked in the UK. she said that she was not allowed to sort the problem with a patient, as she had to report to the sister, who might or might think it was that important to notify a consultant. Here they do everything for the doctors, consultant, He or she just comes in and performs the operation. \if there is anything wrong, the French nurses deal with it. amazing. And daft as it seems, you had every conferdance in them. One of the nurses, I assume was a theathre nurse, I was awake during both procedures, and could see her, and mentioned to her, the next day, was she a theatre nurse, she just shrugged her shoulder,s while she was washing me. just her job.or one of many. The nurse, I spoke with said that the British staff do not trust our nurses in the UK. But as she said it is taken out of your hands in the UK. But in France, they do the lot. there is no class restriction here, they all wear white with a little paper sticky on there pockets, telling you what type of nurse they are. The Doctors and consultants, wear long white coats, infact I thought they were porters. no collar or ties, just long white coat tied in the middle. you have to laugh, but true. She came back to France after 3 years working in the UK.

Shsme as our nurses are are good.in the UK. we underestimate them and it proves it. One of the nurses, bringing me a bedpan, said it is my job. and I love it. me how embrassing. you loose all dignity when in hospital. but they love the brits, as they said, the French do not like it, as thry have to learn English, as all medical information and techniques are in English, so they have tol learn English, one doctor, was itailen and one Russian, perfect English.

Sorry to go on about it it but if only we could learn from them. our NHS would equal them. As we have some very good nurses.in the UK but they are undermined by class. I am seeing the man head chef. on the 14th, have met him, just an ordinary guy so he appears.They are very blunt. they say what is happening. from a to z no punches pulled.

Cannot thank them enough they deserve more then a cake. bye for now.

Reactions: 2 people
K

Kat100

Sorry to hear you have been so unwell , hope you can now make a speedy and healthy recovery ...you have been through a big shock ....

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh heck. What a terrible experience.

I do hope you're feeling better now, and will improve over time.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Quite an awful experience for you, good advice on not ignoring chest pain. Hope you make a full recovery South711.