Building muscle / losing fat without insulin advice

Powells1984

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello all,

My names Dan and i was diagnosed with Type 1 just under 2 years ago. I regularly lift weights and complete cardio and manage my blood sugar levels quite nicely this way. I tend to need around 3 units of Novarapid in the morning to go with my breakfast which is usually wholemeal toast and peanut butter.

I'm doing a bit of research and wondered if anyone could help me. I wondered if by not administering insulin during the day and by managing my sugar levels through excerise / eating well, am i stopping muscle gain and fat burning? As the body needs insulin to shuttle nutrients etc to muscles, and by me not actually administering any, am i causing more harm than good? Or is my body simply producing the right amount of insulin which covers the job quite nicely?

My main reason for asking is that i've not lost any body fat or weight recently and wondered if my lack of insulin could be a cause? I appreciate giving insulin when not required is simply going to cause a hypo but maybe just 1 simple unit before my meals would help send nutrients where they need to go?

Sorry for the long post, any advice or suggestions would be welcome :)

Thanks

Dan

Last edited by a moderator: