What other auto immune illnesses do you have apart from type 1 ?

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hey everyone! Do you think that these other illnesses have been triggered by the diabetes?? Maybe a result of poor management?? I worry about complications in the future as my control isn't great just yet, mostly my own doing!
I don't think anyone knows why autoimmune diseases tend to cluster in some individuals. And this thread is VERY speculative and purely anecdotal. But I would think that when people get multiple autoimmune problems, there is a common cause contributing to all of them, rather than one (eg diabetes) causing the others.

Reactions: 4 people

Smitten73

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Insulin
Well, my father has Peyronies Disease, Lupus, Arthritis and Type Two Diabetes. His uncle had lupus (they both lost ALL bodily hair over the space of a week or two) ... these conditions (especially the peyronies) missed me and my 3 sisters but now my son ( not my daughter ) has recently been diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. My daughter does have Aspergers though, but that's unrelated. So, in my family, these auto immune disorders seem to go down my fathers side and have only affected the males.

kyrani99

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
toxic people
But I would think that when people get multiple autoimmune problems, there is a common cause contributing to all of them

VERY speculative and purely anecdotal...
I have found that the one common cause when it comes to autoimmune disease is ideas.. beliefs! And I found they can be identified and discarded and when discarded can get well again.

serendipity

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Needles!
Liver
Hypothyroidism
Raynaud's phenomenon
Asthma and Excema
Pernicious Anemia