Numb feeling in leg

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
When i walk, my left leg seems to be weaker and not in coordination with my right so my right leg has to do all the work, it has been like this for about 5 years now( i thought it was just the way i walk ) and ive only got T1 this year, ive read it is linked to diabetes and that it could be nerve damage? Is it too late , im am going to get it checked this week. How is it treated?

G

graj0

Welcome,
I've not seen any of your messages to date, so I apologise, this forum moves along quite quickly really. I'll not say the obvious, but certainly getting it checked out is the best thing to do. One thing I will say and I'm guilty of it as well, "a little knowledge is a dangerous thing". Until you see the doctor it's only an assumption, it may very well be something else all together. You did say that it's been going on for several years before your type I diagnosis. Is there a connection? I'm sure your doctor will tell you.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
As you've had the problem for 5 years and only been diagnosed with type 1 this year the two are unlikely to be related, best get checked out at your gp's.