Miracle juice

sumeet123

Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't feel in any kind of miracle in this mixture juice of 1 apple, 1 carrot and 1 beetroot.

Reactions: 2 people

alliebee

Try juicing some celery a handful of kale half a lemon and half a carrot and a chunk of celery and a knob of ginger....you get a wonderful "mean green juice". I think @Brunneria sometimes has a juice too. That one would be much better for you bs

Reactions: 4 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Follow the green smoothies link in my signature if you want to find out how to get all the benefits of fresh, raw fruit and veg in a way that is beneficial to type 2s, rather than a way that will cause harm with every mouthful.

Reactions: 3 people

sjhume

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
just looked at the website and WOW i've really got to try some of these out! Thanks for the tips girls xxx

beatdise

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Gym workouts
just looked at the website and WOW i've really got to try some of these out! Thanks for the tips girls xxx
I have apple carrot and celery juice each morning. I stopped for a while to get my numbers down. Today after a glass I went from 5.3 to 5.8 after 1 hour and 15 minutes. I will test again in 2 hrs. I also have a glass of bitter gourd which apparently can have the same affect as a 1.000 mg of metformin.

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/natural-therapies/bitter-melon.html

sjhume

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Apple, carrot and celery sounds nice. I've been drinking Beetroot juice which i really like and good for blood pressure but is quite expensive.

beatdise

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Gym workouts
Apple, carrot and celery sounds nice. I've been drinking Beetroot juice which i really like and good for blood pressure but is quite expensive.
The juice tastes great. Beetroot juice sounds great. What is impact on BS levels?

deepsea

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have tried bitter gourd juice and I have no problems in recommending to everyone.

I suggest everyone must try it once and then decide.

1 bitter gourd + lime + ginger

Lime and ginger is to reduce the bitter taste.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
The juice tastes great. Beetroot juice sounds great. What is impact on BS levels?
I wouldn't mind knowing that either but I am SO risk averse I'm not prepared to try it :)

Pura Vida

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I wonder if eating the whole vegetable wouldn't be healthier then just drinking the juice, since we need all the fibre we can get.

Lesleywo

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My addiction to carbs
@sjhume Why don't you drink it, test your BS and see for yourself? Regardless of other people's opinions, only you will be able to see the effect it has on your body, nobody else.

Check out this preview of a move that was made about diabetics who reversed their diabetes in 30 days http://foodmatters.tv/product/simply-raw-reversing-diabetes-in-30-days.

We are generally advised to eat the whole fruit or vegetable as it includes the fibre which slows down the absorption of the sugars. However, by having the juice you still get all the nutritional benefit (except the fibre), hence you can cram more nutrients into your body with a juice as it's easier to drink a juice containing vegetables and fruit than it is to chow down the same amount of raw food.

I bet you could have a glass of that juice for breakfast, alongside some scrambled eggs or something, and you wouldn't get too much of a problem. I sometimes have a juice mid morning with a handful of macadamias without any problems.

deepsea

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have tested my BS after having the bitter gourd juice and saw it drop dramatically and that was the reason I shared my experience on this forum.

I have used the word "dramatically" with responsibility. Wish I could upload my BS chart.

After that I did Google "can bitter gourd replace insulin" and was surprised to see that was some research done on this and there were favourable results.