What have you eaten today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Lol. I nearly bought them one from Asda for £14 quid but didn't have time to go. I don't think junior would understand how Argos works tbh- highest mark in second year this year but his life skills are less than those of a slug.

Slugs are highly intelligent creatures!

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Breakfast: cheddar omelette, ketchup

Lunch: savoury almond muffin, fennel tea

Dinner: spicy cauli rice with chickpeas and spinach. 85% chocolate

Reactions: 3 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Slugs are highly intelligent creatures!
They must be, they only ever eat my nicest plants. To be fair, though junior is a prime example of highly intelligent but not of this planet. His first week in second year in his own house was a prime case in point. He'd gone out, came home late, couldn't get key into lock ( and no he doesn't drink) , didn't like to wake his housemate up but realising he needed toilet got cab back to campus to the 24 hr learning zone, at which point he remembered that there were no buses back overnight into town and that he could at afford another cab. He sat up all night reading till first bus the next day.

Reactions: 5 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast: cheddar omelette, ketchup

Lunch: savoury almond muffin, fennel tea

Dinner: spicy cauli rice with chickpeas and spinach. 85% chocolate

Your ketchup is like my mushrooms ;-)
Was that a curry or a biryani type thing?

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Not been on for a while as not been good, tsk tsk!! BG hanging around 7&8, after such a good A1c aswell,

Must try better!!

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
They must be, they only ever eat my nicest plants. To be fair, though junior is a prime example of highly intelligent but not of this planet. His first week in second year in his own house was a prime case in point. He'd gone out, came home late, couldn't get key into lock ( and no he doesn't drink) , didn't like to wake his housemate up but realising he needed toilet got cab back to campus to the 24 hr learning zone, at which point he remembered that there were no buses back overnight into town and that he could at afford another cab. He sat up all night reading till first bus the next day.

Awww bless his cotton socks!

Reactions: 2 people

Marko723

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast : 2 sunny eggs and 3 strips bacon
Lunch: leftover vegetable jambalaya (with shrimp and chicken)
Supper: egg plant pizza's.

- large eggplant slices -1 cm thick, pressed for 20 mins between paper towels. After some of the moisture is removed, brushed with a little olive oil and in to a hot oven (200 C), turning a few times every 10 minutes until most moisture is gone. ( about 40-50 minutes). Remove and top with salsa, spreading evenly, then back in the oven for 15 minutes. Remove one more time and top with favourite cheese. Back in the oven till its bubbly and full of ooey-gooey-ness :) remove and let cool. Excellent in the lunch box next day too!

Last edited by a moderator:

alliebee

Not very much today. I think I've got that low carb flu. :( I'm over 3 weeks in though and I've been feeling great. No cravings nothing. Losing weight then bang this morning I'm tired a bit shaky ache. And a headache. Mind you it may be just a bug. I'm drinking plently. Just no appetite. Had a mug of bovril. Hope that's allowed. I couldn't quite see the ingredients. Had some salt in it and popped a couple of magnesium tabs..think I heard somewhere potassium helps too.....hoping to fancy somethin later

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Icklepea

Hi and welcome. It's all a big shock when you get your diagnosis and we've all been there so know how you feel. You've come to the right place.

Any carb will turn into sugar and even the good guys like oats are a big no no for many diabetics - me included.

When I was diagnosed I went straight for GI and thought I was doing the right thing but after I got my second test back and it hadn't changed, I clearly had to take more drastic action so I discovered low carbing and got a blood glucose monitor. I tested EVERYTHING I ate initially after every two hours from eating and narrowed down my baddies list. I thought I'd cracked it but actually I was only half way there. I was so shocked to discover when I tested an hour after eating so-called goodies, how much they spiked my BG level.

That was when I decided I needed to drastically cut the carbs. Never thought I'd be able to quit cereals and hummus but I made the decision that health was far more important than porridge. I went down to 60g a day and my BG started to improve but not enough so I went to 30g and an now a low carb ambassador! I never thought I'd be pro Atkins but it really is the way forward for us. 5 months in, I'm doing pretty well (slip up sometimes) and I don't feel restricted at all. If I want cake, I'll have mug cake. If I fancy ice cream, I have whipped cream with chopped hazelnuts and melted 85% choc. It's really lovely and I don't crave anything but pizza and that's only now and again.

So my point is, the sooner you get on the low carb band wagon, the better. You've made a wonderful start and I must congratulate you for being proactive - you just need to push through a little bit more.

I get frustrated at my two friends who've both had same diagnosis as me. They have chosen to stay on carbs at take metformin. I refused the drugs and want to medicate by not eating poisonous food. I see skull and cross bones on most things these days and that's enough to keep me away from the temptation most of the time!

Best of luck
Deb xxx

Reactions: 12 people

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
B 2 egg omelette

L Beef nam tok & okra
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1412101992.347046.jpg
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1412102004.747712.jpg

D som tam
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1412102027.247332.jpg

Maybe a nut ball for pudding, felt good all day and no rise in BG after 2 hrs

Reactions: 4 people

cally

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Breakfast 2 slices bacon and fried egg
Lunch homemade vegetable soup and 1 clementine
Dinner 2 80% meat pork sausages, onion rings,peas, mushrooms and gravy.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Day, um, 18 diabetes miracle eating:

Very weird day today.
Coffee with cream and a peanut 9bar for breakfast.
Now, I've tested 9 bars before, and I know they send me up by about 0.7 at most.
So imagine my confuddlement when I tested BG 3 hours later (cos I was feeling a wee bit weird) and had a BG of 8.1! I repeat tested and got 7.9.

Wondering if I was fighting off the plague that Mr B has brought into the house.?
But v surprised it passed so quickly.

Then, at 12.30 (feeling better) I was 5.5

Had mince ratatouille for evening meal, followed by 5 raspberries, with double cream :hungry:

Reactions: 6 people

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
B = 1 x Bergen toast
L = 2 x poached eggs on surprise, surprise 1 x Bergen toast
D = Pork chop , leeks in cream sauce.
Snacks during day 3 x Brazil nuts
I know it might seem boring, but nice for me and not in the least bit hungry.
BS all at non diabetic levels.
Happy boy.

Reactions: 4 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast scrambled eggs
Lunch small tuna salad, 1oz cheese
Dinner leftover roast chicken, stirfry, curry sauce; tiny bit leftover almond topped crumble , few strawbs and Greek yog
Snacks 2 sq dark chocolate slice ham piece of cheese ( also pinched the hazelnuts out if mr e 's fruit and nut chocolate)

Hungry day today.

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Yaay! My new camera has been delivered :snaphappy: I am going to start a recipe blog to keep me out of mischief.

If you don't see me on here as much, I will be tearing my hair out somewhere trying to work out how online technology works :nailbiting:

Reactions: 6 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yaay! My new camera has been delivered :snaphappy: I am going to start a recipe blog to keep me out of mischief.

If you don't see me on here as much, I will be tearing my hair out somewhere trying to work out how online technology works :nailbiting:

Good luck with that. Your food is always a joy to see.

alliebee

B 2 poached eggs on spinach leaves
L a small mackeral fillet salad amd horseradish sauce
D will be the aubergine lasagna I made
Snacks 3 brazil nuts

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
B 2 toast livlife with marmite
L stir fried beef with broccoli & garlic
D pickled mustard soup with ribs (plain)
Nut ball

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Status
Not open for further replies.