Am I entitled?

connie104

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I live on the costa del sol just outside Marbella and the hospitals here are very good . Whilst having my hip replacement recently I was bed bathed every day by 2 nurses and bed completely changed every morning. The wards are just 2 beds and cleaned twice a day Family members do not have to do this a nurse is available its things like feeding etc that takes time that they seem to do.

Reactions: 2 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
My sheets were changed but my mattress definitely wasn't wiped. The only cleaning I saw for 3 days was a mop n bucket..
One diabetic clinic (not my current one) had a display in the waiting room with meters in boxes covered in dust....
Big difference in standards.. Although I think our nhs aren't able to spend time feeding which is why so many people that are admitted that need feeding and monitoring end up dehydrated and under nourished...

Sorry for taling over post.. Just interesting little diversion for me...

Pippa1961

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullying, discrimination
I applied for PIP last October as I suffer with severe depression, curvature of the spine, high blood pressure and cholesterol plus arthritis in my hands, right wrist, spine, right hip and right ankle. I eventually had a medical assessment a few months and was awarded the enhanced rate of PIP and motability. What helped though was the lady who did my assessment is an ex nurse so she understood my health issues and how to word it.

It does seem to be the luck of the draw who does the assessment as I know a couple of people who have been refused PIP yet have health issues that affect their daily living so need extra help.