Yorksman

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My husband is jealous!:D:rolleyes:

You've got lots on your doorstep too!

south-downs-300x163.jpg

http://www.gps-routes.co.uk/routes/home.nsf/county-cycling/Hampshire

I know that people always think that the grass is always greener on the other side though. I met a guy from the Netherlands who was asking how to get from Heathrow to Workington on the train with their bikes because he and his wife wanted to cycle the coast to coast to Sunderland.

RosieLKH

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That begs a 29" MTB at eyeballs out:wideyed:

I'm off to ALgeria for the rest of the week, but I will post some pics of my stable. Very disappointed though, no pics of recumbents, that's my next plan.
My husband did Morocco on his bike the other year. He had a great time. I think he did underestimate how long the mountain rides would take though. A bit tougher than Snowdonia and Yorkshire, where he'd done big hills before!

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It's 6 days in the middle of the Sahara at a gas processing plant - all work I'm afraid. I might get a chance for a few runs though.

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
It's 6 days in the middle of the Sahara at a gas processing plant - all work I'm afraid. I might get a chance for a few runs though.
Do try and keep your head about you ....

G

graj0

I've seen both on TV programs, the bamboo was an example of using sustainable, ready to hand materials. The wooden one ticks similar boxes but I think more work required. They're both wonderful. I want one? Christmas maybe? LOL

Yorksman

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I've seen both on TV programs, the bamboo was an example of using sustainable, ready to hand materials. The wooden one ticks similar boxes but I think more work required. They're both wonderful. I want one? Christmas maybe? LOL

I've built a boat using the epoxy ply technique and guess this would be easiest. You need a design though because the streeses on the joints require a certain amount of strength and if you do it on your own, you'd build it too heavy. It's not difficult though. It's the same technique as making a tiller for a rudder:

6825239292_5019f1eb7d_z.jpg

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
I discovered a new trail today, this between Penistone and Barnsley:

Trans_Pennine_Trail_to_Silkstone_Common_-_geograph.org.uk_-_427825.jpg
He went as green as the grass in the picture and muttered lucky devil! He plans to take our girls out with his trangia stove and cook sausages and beans in the woods whilst I work.