LIDL 81% Chocolate

ConradJ

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The hassle and ignorance of diabetes.
Nom nom :) Just had my first square of 99% chocolate and thoroughly enjoyed it.
Bought it a while ago, but couldn't eat it, so grated it and put it on yoghurt and berries. Which was very nom nom.
I am not a knob though :p and I didn't bring it home in a Waitrose bag……. the postie bought it o_O

Chauffeur driven chocolate - that even beats Harrods!

Reactions: 2 people

ConradJ

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The hassle and ignorance of diabetes.
Moser Roth from Aldi - 70% is right for me as anything above that refuses to melt in the mouth.

Posh people shop in Lidl and Aldi because they know the value of money.
To look posh they also shop in Waitrose.
Which is why Tesco is in the crapper at the moment.

The Muccus and I have just moved up to JD Gross 81% from 70% - the taste is just sooo much better... and two squares just 5g carbs! :happy:

We shop in whatever store offers best value at the time - no allegiance and not bothered whose carriers I re-use, so sometimes I'll come out of Aldi/Lidl with Waitrose bags (I always double them up to make them last longer) and other times I'll come out of Waitrose with Lidl bags - the latter probably somewhat cheesed off at that :smug:

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Ha
I come out with the trolley, having once again forgotten to take any bags with me in the first place.

Reactions: 4 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Perhaps it's the inverse snob in me but I love going into sainsburys with my Lidl bag! :p

fugly54

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
dishonesty and bulls***, the way the country is being run, not being able to get out and excersize more or take my dog for nice long walks.
I'm a definite Aldi shopper for my main weekly and I have yet to have ANY unsatisfactory items from there - except their "can't believe it's not butter" own brand (I get that from my local Nisa lol). I'm SO working class - and to think - I was a loyal Asda or Waitrose boy until my first trip to Aldi, and the money I saved.
Getting back on track - I love their moser roth 70% too. A nice treat if I've been a good boy or I'm feeling a bit low. Whatever the reason I love it.

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Haven't seen any good dark chocolate there . I can get a wide choice in most supermarkets but Lidl round here is the place to go to for cheap wine. Which ones are good at the moment has become quite the talk at my book club (a bit ladies who lunch..... but only once a month)
The local store has also just installed an in store bakery. No doubt the dough is brought in but they do a fantastic very dark nut bread (must have a fair bit of rye in in) . And just arrived here (think it happened in the UK some time ago) is a Nespresso capsule look alike. Apparently if you use them you invalidate your guarantee. My machine is 12 years old and has been gathering dust for years. It's great to be able to afford to use it again.
Our local one has changed out of all recognition recently . It used to be a somewhat dingy shop full of cheap tinned goods and the only time I went in was when they advertised c running and skiing clothing (good for things like cheap tops and thermals) . I never bought any food there.
We now regularly go before visiting our main supermarket , the amount of things I buy there is increasing but it isn't yet a place where I would buy most of my shopping.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Lidl's now even better with their new reduced size trollies they got in our store (so long as they don't take the baskets away!! Means that I really feel as if I am getting more than I am!