Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Congrats @fisnagrace! I love babies....don't want any more tho!

Xxxx

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Today was 5.6, yesterday 6 and Sunday 6.4.

So bloody random!

Pun intended!!!

X

Reactions: 5 people

Marko723

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.4 this morning and 5.5 when I arrived home from work, pre-dinner (supper) test.

gaz tred

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.6 after late dinner at 10pm of breaded chicken breast and breaded mushrooms. Semi LC. I am introducing some carbs back in after the numbers I had on holiday after the illness where full fat coke, a piece of sugar crust sponge and 2 pieces of chocolate cake, after 2hours 7.5! Was expecting a massive spike but it did not happen.

Reactions: 4 people

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
12.2 have to say it has never been this high in a morning before so need rethink some things

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
4.5 at 6am !!! My lowest fasting yet!! I actually tried a couple of squares of cheese before bed, maybe kept the fairies busy?!! I actually had 4.4, 4.7 and 4.9 during the day yesterday too and had gone to bed on 5.2 after a cup of options hot chocolate (5gm carb) which I put a shot of double cream in to bulk out;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 11 people

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
4.5, 1hr after waking, dog walked, then remembered.

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.0 before dinner
5.6 after dinner but had to test at 1 hour as I had my dinner at 11
5.2 fasting

Reactions: 7 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.5 at 6am !!! My lowest fasting yet!! I actually tried a couple of squares of cheese before bed, maybe kept the fairies busy?!! I actually had 4.4, 4.7 and 4.9 during the day yesterday too and had gone to bed on 5.2 after a cup of options hot chocolate (5gm carb) which I pity a shot of double cream in to bulk out;)

Uh, oh. You're chasing me!!

Great numbers Kim. When are you next due to see your nurse/doc, or have bloods done?

Reactions: 2 people

Sallybear

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
LADA was suggested when I was first diagnosed, but when I took Gliclazide for the first time it worked really well so the GP said it was definitely Type 2. I spoke to the Diabetic Nurse at the hospital yesterday and she said I would definitely need to go onto insulin and as soon as possible so I think that's next on the agenda.

I have lost a stone and a half which is quite nice though :):)

Reactions: 3 people

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well everyone seems to loose weight but I have gained 4 kilos although I am still ok in terms of bmi but really worried about it, I tend to gain weight very quickly hence the reason I Always used to avoid any fried things or butter or full fat milk and stuff
I have my bloods in about 15 days time and will know my cholesterol levels too then but i am on statins anyways.

Just want to know one thing What does metformin actually do
I was told by diabetic nurse that it does not really reduce your sugars and doc said you dont need to check everyday as metformin will reduce your sugars

Paulabetts

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
meat selfish people slugs and snails
9.0 yesterday decided coz i was a bit rough to not bother bs for rest of day 9.9 this am going into garden to shoot myself lol

Reactions: 3 people
Status
Not open for further replies.