7 day low carb high fat meal plan download.

SkinnyLizzie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello, Has anyone else downloaded the free 7 day low carb high fat meal plan recipe book? I have three problems with it, 1] As someone who has always been very slim, verging on being underweight, I would starve to death if I only had around 1500 calories a day which is what these planned daily meals work out at. 2] There don't seem to be many veggies included, even the chicken 'with veggies' recipe only has, between four people, 3 carrots, 1 onion and a stick of celery. 3] Meat is quite expensive and these recipes call for *two* salmon steaks, etc per person.
What do you all think about eating as per this particular plan?

lizdeluz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I haven't seen this meal plan yet, but will have a look. 1500 kcals sounds ok to me, I average that, - but I'm happy to lose weight (i.e. I needed to lose some!) at the same time as the important target of improving my blood glucose control.

As you don't need to lose weight you could still eat enough on LCHF by increasing the veg, as you suggest, and cheese, cream, butter and eggs, nuts... and 70-90% chocolate as a treat sometimes? You said you didn't want to eat as much protein as the recipes suggest, so just don't. I agree, things like fish and meat can be too expensive, plus, I've never wanted to eat big portions of either. In the past, carbs were a big part of my diet. Now, I no longer miss them! Instead, my appetite for green veg has increased, I like eating cauliflower 'rice' instead of the real thing.

Reactions: 5 people
A

AnnieC

Hello, Has anyone else downloaded the free 7 day low carb high fat meal plan recipe book? I have three problems with it, 1] As someone who has always been very slim, verging on being underweight, I would starve to death if I only had around 1500 calories a day which is what these planned daily meals work out at. 2] There don't seem to be many veggies included, even the chicken 'with veggies' recipe only has, between four people, 3 carrots, 1 onion and a stick of celery. 3] Meat is quite expensive and these recipes call for *two* salmon steaks, etc per person.
What do you all think about eating as per this particular plan?
I haven't actually seen it but I struggle to keep my weight up think I would disappear altogether on 1500 calories a day

Reactions: 2 people

fluffy2092

I've been trying to download that recipe plan but it wants me to register. Since I'm already registered, it refuses to log me in saying the username is already registered. I cannot even access it. Is there a direct link? Anyone?

SkinnyLizzie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've been trying to download that recipe plan but it wants me to register. Since I'm already registered, it refuses to log me in saying the username is already registered. I cannot even access it. Is there a direct link? Anyone?
Sorry, can't help you there!

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.
same problem as @fluffy2092 ... have emailed for assistance but nothing forthcoming :(
If you both drop me a PM, I can send you the direct link to download the meal plan :)

Louisette

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Would you mind forwarding it to me too please?

Me too please. I have the same problem. I am registered but need to register to get this. In fact I registered trying to get the 7 day meal plan - weird!

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Me too please. I have the same problem. I am registered but need to register to get this. In fact I registered trying to get the 7 day meal plan - weird!

Louisette - I'm not sure if @Giverny is around today, but have you tried logging in using the link circled in blue on the image below? Apologies for the big blue splodge, but I was protecting my email address.

The web link to see that image is here: https://www.diabetes.co.uk/join/?seg=SEG_TYPE2

upload_2017-5-8_12-35-47.png

I hope that might help.

Louisette

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Louisette - I'm not sure if @Giverny is around today, but have you tried logging in using the link circled in blue on the image below? Apologies for the big blue splodge, but I was protecting my email address.

The web link to see that image is here: https://www.diabetes.co.uk/join/?seg=SEG_TYPE2
I hope that might help.

Thanks
I tried the link but that skips the login screen and jumps me straight in. I don;t seem to be able to get back to that login screen again.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The link takes me to the dashboard. I think it might be because my pc remembers the password. I will have a look later and see if I can change it.

Does this link work for you? http://download.diabetes.co.uk/7dayplan2017.pdf

From you dashboard, if you go to the block for recipes, all the various downloadable recipes and booklets are there;: http://www.diabetes.co.uk/profile/

It's not an area I use routinely, but a bit of clicking around seems to reveal lots of interesting content.

Fingers crossed for you!

Louisette

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only