borderter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes! Celebrities and curry
After trying so many basals Dr is starting me on novomix 30 in the morning
Have been on novorapid for years which works for apx 2-3 hours and then bgs go up before the next meal . Feel very nervous about mixed as i dont eat the same sort of meal every day. Have not had a hypo for a couple of years but maybe will on mixed. What happens with the mid-day meal rise as jab is only pre brekkie and evening meal
Sorry lot of questions but at Drs no one available to answer my queries rang DNS at hospital but no reply o_O :confused:

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I would go back and refuse this completely. If your not getting the support to sort out your carb ratios and basals this wont help.

Seems like a massive step back to me. Pumps are the way forward.

do you carb count?

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
what issues have you had with the basal insulin's..........?

novomix 30 is much less flexible........but can work for some folk.......

borderter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes! Celebrities and curry
Engineer 88
I can carb count perfectly and only prob is the basal
Novorapidboi
The basal Levemir is like water to me but does not have side effects. Lantus seemed good then gave me stomach pains then when i gave it another go my joints seized up. Was given novomix 50/50 a good basal but heart problematic on it so Dr changed me to insulatard which also affects the heart and I think thats prob down to Protomine reaction
DNS has now contacted me but reading between the lines does not think novo30 is going to be the answer, however she hinted that now I should be considered for Tresiba which is not given out except in special circs by the local trust so hoping that i can at least try it

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
that is unfortunate about your basal woes............definitely try Tresiba if you can, I don't see how they cant give you it as you are a special case........

when you say Levemir is like water does that mean it doesn't do anything for your blood sugars?

the pump seems like the best solution though as your basal needs are satisfied with a constant infusion of Novorapid....

the mixed insulin will only really allow you to eat the same amount of carbs a day..... and trying to predict what happens after a meal or in between meals is difficult as your basal insulin is mixed in with the fast stuff.......

everything is worth a shot but the pump sounds like it may provide you with the results your looking for.....