SCARED!!!

lck23

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Had my blood tests (fasting and HBA1C) done on Monday morning and I've just called for the results but got the receptionist who can't give out blood test results, so she has asked for a nurse to call me back to discuss them.

Now I'm in limbo, waiting for the nurse to call :( so scared!

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh dear. Try not to worry. Post after she has rung so we know how you got on:)

Ruth B

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I know it's easier said than done, but try not to worry. The receptionist at my doctors can't give out results, I always have to speak to a nurse or doctor to get the figures Hopefully it's good news.

alliebee

Its normal practise in some surgeries for receptionists not to be able to give results over the phone. Try not to worry. .the reason for this is in case patients have questions that the receptionists are unable to answer

Reactions: 2 people

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
i found that when my results from blood tests were very high, my gp rang me and had made an appointment to see me on the same day that he got the results

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
If you had the test this Monday, today is a bit soon for the results to be ready including your doctor having to look at them before the information is passed for other persons to view.( hence delay in phone call from nurse )
I also think it is a good idea to get copies of your Blood results ( cost about £1.00p ) these copies are very handy for obvious reasons, eg; comparing to previous results etc;
It is not easy not to worry or be scared, So I hope you soon get these blood test results.
Best of luck:):)

lck23

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all!

The receptionist just called and results are as followed:

Fasting: 4.7
HBA1C: 32 but I'm REALLY confused about that - from what I can see, it is really low or really high?

Can anyone shed some light?

X

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It's brilliant!!!!!!! Perfectly normal. HbA1c between 20 and 41 is non-diabetic, so you are well within that range. (despite all your worrying!!)
Fasting of 4.7 is also brilliant. Normal is under 5.5.

Reactions: 6 people

lck23

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you all! The thing I looked at was the old one I think hence why I couldn't figure out the 32... But after looking at the table thing I can see it is good :)

Thank you all so much for putting up with me over the past 2 weeks and I'll certainly take this worry and stress as a lesson and put in to place some of the things you've all told me - cut down on carbs and sugar more exercise etx!

Thank you :)

xxx

Reactions: 6 people

sue@ssh

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Brilliant result Ick23, I have to wait to 22 Oct for my results. The docs wont let the receptionists tell you. I can only hope they are good. Usually get asked for an early appt if the BS are haywire.

Reactions: 4 people

Marieukxx

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
brilliant results. When I had my test on the Thursday afternoon I asked when the results would be back and because I was so ill I booked in to see the doc the next week for the results as I figured they must shed some light on what was wrong with me. The very next day on the Friday I got a call telling me to come in now to see my doctor for the results! I was scared but also relieved to know they knew what was wrong with me

Marieukxx

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Brilliant result Ick23, I have to wait to 22 Oct for my results. The docs wont let the receptionists tell you. I can only hope they are good. Usually get asked for an early appt if the BS are haywire.
God that's a long time!

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

If the doc or nurse has seen your results and passed comment on the print outs, your receptionist should be able to give you them. I had my blood test last Friday morning. I got my results over the phone on Monday. It is only when the doc or nurse hasn't seen them that the receptionist can't tell you.