Infection in injection site

lely

Hi guys. I posted a couple months ago saying I had an infection in a leg injection site, was treated, all good.
Now I have another one in other leg, being treated.
Everything is usual otherwise, clean needles all the time.
The only thing that has changed is I am swimming a lot more.
Has anyone experienced site infections who swim regularly.
I've been on multiple injections for 7 years and never suffered with this before now.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Strange, don't think I've ever had an infection in my injection sites. If your injecting after being in the pool try cleaning the skin beforehand, you can buy Sterets Pre Injection Swabs for around £3 (for a pack of 100) that will do the trick.

Reactions: 2 people

lely

Thanks for that. The sites are from basel and are done before bed so not at pool. I'm just baffled as to why it'd happened twice on a couple months, and looking for a reason.
Thanks again.

Zoe king

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi I had the same as you some years ago first infection was top of my right leg they sorted that out,then as soon as that was sorted one was coming up on my left leg same place as right one was,right or wrong I drained that one myself and that was the end of it.the hospital could only come up with it perhaps I got a batch of bad needles this was before injector pens and no I don't swim.

Ilya83

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
OMG Never had infection :eek: And I never did an injections on my legs . You made me scared :arghh:

Zoe king

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
OMG Never had infection :eek: And I never did an injections on my legs . You made me scared :arghh:
No don't be scared out of 24years it's the only time it's ever happened I'm fine now and it hasn't put me off lol