Average BS levels

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello. Ive just looked at my monitor and my 7 day average is 6.7. My 14 day average is 6.7. I am type 2 on SR metformin. Do the averages sound OK? Thank you:)

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Depends howany tests you do a day.

One a day means nothing. 8 a day means a better clue but it will invariably be different to what your hba1c comes in at... Machines are only a guideline and can vary a lot in their accuracy.

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi @mo53 I second everything that has been said. To give you a comparison I tend to test at my 1 hour post-prandial to catch my peak (main meal only) and 2 fastings a week - My average is running at 6.3 So if that is pre and 2 hour post then that isnt too bad

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for the rep lies. I think I have been testing for about 2- 3 weeks. I haven't got into a concrete routine yet. I usually don't do the first reading in the morning. I try to do the pre dinner, 1 hour and 2 hour after .:)

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Mo. Unless you take as many "befores" (including fasting and bedtimes as you do "afters", then your meter averages mean nothing. You have to record all your readings on a spread sheet or app and then average like with like. This means you can average all your fastings, all your before meals, all your 1hrs, 2hrs and so on.

Reactions: 3 people

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
actually what you really need to do is look at the integration of your glucose/time readings and then get the mean of that. It is important to know how long your are at x and y and not just you got a reading of x and y