Memory Loss and Diabetes

PreciousNine9

Is anyone else suffering from memory lapses? I suffer from rheumatoid arthritis and type 2 diabetes and find that memory is slowly deteriorating. I sometimes cannot even remember exactly where I am in relation to other places. New places are often a big challenge. Anyone else having such difficulties? I would love some advice and help from anyone in a similar situation. Thanks.

C

catherinecherub

Hi,

This must be very distressing for you and I will bump your post up to see if anyone can help.

Have you mentioned this to your G.P.?

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
If you also take statins these suppress the coq10 in your body which can give memory probs. A coq10 supplement is recommended for those who take statins...

As diabetes and statins seem to go hand in hand.. Thought it worth mentioning.

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi,@PreciousNine9 :)
There are many simple reasons for memory loss eg; vitamin deficiency, poor nutrition, bad reactions to medicines etc; I have a type of memory loss with spelling ( was diagnosed with mild dyslexia 4 years ago at the age of 60+ ) yet had the symptoms from childhood.
It was only when I told the Doctor about my spelling during a completely diabetic different health visit that the doctor twigged my problem, he then sent me to have various test etc; to confirm mild dyslexia,(nothing connected to diabetes)
My point being is that you visit your GP and explain your memory loss symptoms, then they will "nip it in the bud" to ensure that you are properly treated regarding medication etc;
Best of luck and hope it all works out well for you

Reactions: 2 people