What have you eaten today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alliebee

I went to buy some stevia yesterday but its £9 for a little bottle. Sadly that's out of my reach :(

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I went to buy some stevia yesterday but its £9 for a little bottle. Sadly that's out of my reach :(

Would it last an age though, or would you get through it in short order?

alliebee

I'm not sure. Ive heard you only need a tiny bit? Almond flour recipes baking ect I've not got into yet. Apart from once a week mug cake. I generally only have 2 cups of tea with hermasetas in the morning. I don't have coffee v often so you are probably right. Good point. Besides I'm sure amazon sell in cheaper?

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm not sure. Ive heard you only need a tiny bit? Almond flour recipes baking ect I've not got into yet. Apart from once a week mug cake. I generally only have 2 cups of tea with hermasetas in the morning. I don't have coffee v often so you are probably right. Good point. Besides I'm sure amazon sell in cheaper?

I can sometimes be in danger of losing the plot when reading mainly prepared stuff, like condiments. Last week I experimented with a lovely piece of cod in gram flour batter, and wanted tartar sauce with it. I can't recall the numbers of the jar now, but they inspired an intake of breath and sucking of teeth until I gave myself a kick, reminding myself there's no way I could ever eat 100g of the stuff. Obviously, that made the figures acceptable; bearing in mind I have decent tolerances now.

The fish batter was poor. I hadn't made it think enough, and I hadn't coated the fish in flour before battering, so there wasn't much batter on the fish when it had finished cooking. The fish itself was lovely though.

Maybe some of the others could help you understand the quantities you might need for the uses you intend.

Reactions: 2 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I know what you mean. I've had to give up my beloved ketchup :(

Again, it's getting into perspective how much of it you might be eating, and the frequency. At 4.1g per 15ml serving, according to Tesco, it depends how you feel about it.

I've just Googled to convert 15ml to tablespoons, and this link suggests it's 1.06 tablespoons (http://www.metric-conversions.org/volume/milliliters-to-uk-tablespoons.htm?val=15), so it's a case of how much, how often, what your meter says and if it really makes a difference to what you are eating.

I'm not suggesting you go mainlining ketchup, but more trying to add perspective?

Reactions: 4 people

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
The consultant said I need to start eating breakfast, so that's what I did.

Porridge, 29 gCH
Latte 11 gCH at coffee break

Hmm better be a light lunch and dinner at this rate!

L - Pret's Smoked Salmon Sushi Wrap. Claimed 8.7 gCH which seems hard to believe. And 12.8g protein

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 people

modesty007

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Brekkie; fatcoffee/bulletcoffe, large cup with 40 gram coconut oil and 45 gram kerrygold butter
Afternoon coffee with 1 tbsp coconut oil and 1 tbsp jersey cream
Dinner, planning to have beef mince (grass-fed) just fried with butter and home-made taco spice accompanied by an avocado, maybe some delicous cheese for dessert.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
breakfast scrambled eggs
lunch two slices turkey breast from deli and a couple 12g cheese portions
dinner steak salad and 3 homemade potato in skin wedges- going to have a peddle when food settles to burn them off though I think that chewing the steak which I could have used to sole a shoe with, will have used up the sugar in them.

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Scram eggs and bacon coffee

Lettuce burger wrap with cheese

Tea

Tuna salad

Greek yog and seeds, tea

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Day ?? Diabetes miracle eating.

Seem to be going through a bad patch. Mainly because I've been too apathetic to go shopping. ;)

Breakfast was the last of the mince ratatouille, with a dab of butter on top (trying to eat more fat while I ride out a patch of increased insulin resistance, caused by tuesday's BG spike). Still feel cr*p. But at least I'm running on butter, eh?

Big drawback to lowering my BG levels so successfully and so steadily - I now seem ridiculously sensitive to BG levels only 2 mmol/thingy higher than usual. :(

Lunch was Brie and pork scratchings.

Peanut 9bar

Tinned salmon and mayo.

Mr B will brave the supermarket crowds tomorrow (he needs chai apparently), and I found this low carb pizza recipe.
So guess what is on the menu for tomorrow...?

Reactions: 8 people

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
B bacon,sausage mushrooms & fried egg
L 2 livlife cheese toastie with dash of Worcestershire
D Thursday so kebab night (no pitta)
Nut ball

Here's my doggy,
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1412279963.616206.jpg

poor thing has got a tumour on her breast / belly, size of a rugby ball, vet won't operate and it's kind of a waiting game now till she gets too bad, but she is getting spoiled rotten, she was 14 last Friday so had a good innings!!

Reactions: 9 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
14 is a great age! And she looks very, very lovely. :happy::happy::happy:

Sorry about the lump.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Cute doggies both of you. ( sure I saw your dog on a thread today B) - 14 is a great age for a dog - just enjoy the time you have left and know that you are doing the right thing in letting nature take its course.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Cute doggies both of you. ( sure I saw your dog on a thread today B) - 14 is a great age for a dog - just enjoy the time you have left and know that you are doing the right thing in letting nature take its course.

Yes, I keep posting pics of him. Can't seem to stop.
I have turned into one of those people who want to talk obsessively about their lickle puppykins.
It's rather sad. In a middle-aged cat lady (except dog-lady in this case!) sort of way.
I don't seem to be able to grasp that other people might not be interested.
(Sorry to those that aren't!)
I am infatuated.
It's quite unexpected. :happy:

A

Avocado Sevenfold

@Weird Science sorry to read about your doggy. She is a lovely looking lady.

Breakfast and lunch: same old same old. I enjoy the omelette/muffin combo though.

Dinner: two Quorn fillets with cauliflower cheese. Pineapple veggie jelly with banana flavoured whipped cream. A yellow and beige meal!

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Awwww she's a cutie Science! Such sad news :(

My boy wanted proper cuddles tonight - first time in months so I felt honoured. It didn't do my leg any good though....

Love animals

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Lunch:

ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1412334947.916463.jpg

Pork chop and mixed green salad with grated tomato and garlic dressing - skipped the mushroom sauce as it was probably thickened with something carby.

Reactions: 6 people
Status
Not open for further replies.