STOPTOVER, Smoke free October.

Paul59

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm on the Champix, today was day 8 on which I stopped, fell inline with stoptober so let's see how it goes. So I'm in.

Paul59

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My friends were obviously fortunate as they only took them for a couple of months, I note on some of the stuff I read that people take them for a lot longer. One of their friends had to stop because of really bad dreams. Nothing is ever straight forward is it? Like a lot of things, which is worse? The thing you're trying to sort out or the rotten side effects.
I'll live with the side effects, they will pass.

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
@Paul59

Welcome to the ex smokers club, hopefully.

Day one for me is the here and now, personally using ecig, going OK at the moment , wife and children not yet complaining about mood swings etc, still keeping to normal LCHF diet, just having and Vodka And diet.

Good luck and let us know how your are getting on, if we can deal with diabetes we can deal with the cigs.

That's my theory anyway.

Reactions: 2 people

Paul59

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Paul59

Welcome to the ex smokers club, hopefully.

Day one for me is the here and now, personally using ecig, going OK at the moment , wife and children not yet complaining about mood swings etc, still keeping to normal LCHF diet, just having and Vodka And diet.

Good luck and let us know how your are getting on, if we can deal with diabetes we can deal with the cigs.

That's my theory anyway.
Well ATM I keep felling nauseous, think it's the champix, but getting there with the diabetes slowly.

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Tomatoes ... lots of them when the craving gets to much.

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
Midday, Day 2 still OK. How's everyone else going on?

spriklett

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Tofu
Ricotta...just can't swallow it
I actually went a bit early and started of Saturday so for me this is day 6 and so far so good

serendipity

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Needles!
Liver
OK there a few is us hopefully this means we are the only smokers left on here?

Personally my commencement date will be 1st October.

Let's see how this goes, welcome aboard.

Im a smoker, gave up for a year put too much weight on so started again
Gave up on Champix it was very easy.

rden66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Day 2 for many of you.
Keep up the good work not smoking.
Each minute,each hour, each day that passes is you being an "ex smoker".
Good luck and keep it up.
You'll be sprinting up them stairs soon.

Paul59

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Day 2 for many of you.
Keep up the good work not smoking.
Each minute,each hour, each day that passes is you being an "ex smoker".
Good luck and keep it up.
You'll be sprinting up them stairs soon.
We are already ex smokers are we not.

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
Day 3 for me, still a non smoker, first proper hurdle today, business lunch, good food for diabetics, too much Vod but still no craving for the cigs (am using ecigs presently). Let's see what tomorrow brings.

Come on people you can do it.

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
I have failed,but trying again,go into hospital Monday for new hip,a bit worried about it,,cant smoke in hospital and hope to stop then.

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
I have failed,but trying again,go into hospital Monday for new hip,a bit worried about it,,cant smoke in hospital and hope to stop then.
Pat, don't worry it's not a competition, I hope your op goes well and please let us know how you get on.

There's always next time.

Reactions: 3 people

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
Thank you John.
realy want to stop,keep going and well done.

Paul59

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My neighbor has had knee replacement & both hips over the last couple of yrs and is doing fine, so chin up all will be fine.she's 83.

Paul59

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well day 3 has been one of them days I will never forget, I got back from my no smoking meeting, went to the microwave to put the half cup of tea in, switched it on & all these sparks appeared, opened the door superfast &there was my 5" 2gig ram phone cooking, "yes it's ok to laff", my head was all over the place today. Loved that phone too, was more like a mini tablet but cud make calls & text. Grrrrr.

Reactions: 6 people

Paul59

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Day 3 for me, still a non smoker, first proper hurdle today, business lunch, good food for diabetics, too much Vod but still no craving for the cigs (am using ecigs presently). Let's see what tomorrow brings.

Come on people you can do it.
What level of nicotine you using in yr ecig, i'm using zero. No point having nicotine on Chapix.

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I decided my stop date would be after the last market for the season. The last market is tomorrow, so I will stop on Sunday and I am terrified. It feels as if my life is over. I really, really love smoking. I can say it over and over again, I love smoking.

I do however know, theoretically, it is bad for me. But what has theories to do with love?

On Sunday I will start reading up on the risks of smoking combined with diabetes. Oh, I so love to smoke! But I will take reason and see that I actually like my limbs and to be alive better than to smoke and die too soon, as is the other option.

I will be sensible. On Sunday I will start to stop smoking.

Reactions: 7 people

Paul59

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good evening all, newly diagnosed Type2 (May 2014)

Smoked cigarettes since 14 years old, now 60.

Getting to grips with D, change of lifestyle, eating and drinking habits exercise etc, under control at the moment.

Decided it's time to stop the cigs, any advise appreciated, or indeed if anyone else is thinking of doing the same we
Could have a self support group?
I'm on Champix which seems tobe working aswell as a zero nicotine ecig for the carvings.